YKC Sierra based roadster heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKC Sierra based roadster heater?

My YKC sierra based roadster clearly had a heater at one point in it's life, but it's not there now, or preparations were made to fit one but it never happened. Either way, what heater did YKC recommend? Did YKC ever fit a heater as standard to either the Roadster or the Romeo/Juilietta/Imola and if so what was it? There are screen demist vents fitted, a missing piece of carpet on the top of the forward end of the transmission tunnel, two handy holes for the hoses and a heater switch.

No a mini one will not fit, I tried, they're too tall to fit under the beam that goes along the top behind the dash. Anyone want a Mini heater?
    Formally DonSayers on here.

Re: YKC Sierra based roadster heater?

Hello Don -- long time no hear

I built my own heater from a sierra one that I pulled from the doner Sierra GLS. The instructions and measurments to build and fit into a YKC are on the forum somewhere. If you want to pop over and take a look you are more than welcome

Keith Howell

Comment

Sorry Don, but it is a mini heater that YKC used. I have a Romero here that YKC built and the heater is from a Mini. I also have a spare on the shelf from another. However you will find that Builder solutions sell a very compact unit (at a price) that fits with room to spare, or as Keith suggest use a motor and matrix and build your own box to suit.

Comment

What I should have explained in the above. Yes it is a mini heater but with a bit of modification as the build manual states. I can whatsap you a photo if it is of any help.

Comment

Don't do whatsap , I'm afraid sorry. I have a Mini heater and it's too fat to fit under the scuttle, be great if it did, must be a pretty big modification?

Does anyone have a picture of the build manual that shows the modifications?
          Last edited by boustrophedon; 01-06-19, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Don scroll down to members only section Manuals and tech tips a there is the YKC manual
            courtesy of Keith via Cameron sect 3.15 yes it uses a mini heater but no pics Im afraid.

The CBS system would seem to be the way to go. Best of luck.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by danny_nelson View Post
              Sorry Don, but it is a mini heater that YKC used. I have a Romero here that YKC built and the heater is from a Mini. I also have a spare on the shelf from another. However you will find that Builder solutions sell a very compact unit (at a price) that fits with room to spare, or as Keith suggest use a motor and matrix and build your own box to suit.

Sorry Danny, whatever YKC used in house, a mini heater does not fit in mine. Trawling through the archived tech tips I read an article by Keith H where he describes the same problem.

Comment

I have just found one of the 2 pages of drawings I did regarding building a heater. They were put into a Pitstop
                so if you want the other drawing happy hunting - wouldn't you just know it - the missing drawing is the moure important
                YKC heater 2.jpg
                Last edited by keith_h; 22-07-19, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Pit Stop Feb 97 Pages 15,16 and 17
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                  X