Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to introduce myself, Barry Liles, and I live in Cheltenham. At the moment my all-consuming project, which had been laid up for 13 years, is a Marlin Mark 1 Triumph based Reg.No. JGC 433C.
    It consists of Herald front suspension and most everything else is from a GT6. It has a 2.5 ltre TC engine overhauled by Rimmer Bros I would guess at the time of original build. It has gearbox with overdrive, differential and drive shafts with Rotoflex, which again are GT6. As yet have not been able to find chassis number.
    I'm going through everything servicing and replacing all as necessary and hope to get it finished by next Stoneleigh.
    Look forward to meeting you all then.
    Barry

Re: New member

Welcome to the forum.

Have you have looked on the front nearside chassis leg where the number should be? If so, and it's not there hopefully the Club has some history based on the reg. no. Expect an answer soon :-)

Comment

Welcome to the club. I'm sure our archivist will be able to help you with this one but I believe he is away for a few days. As Jon says, expects an answer in the near future.

Comment

Its a Mk1 the kit number if there is one will be on the left side of the bulkhead punched into the ally.

Email me as in Pit Stop and I can give you some history.
        Last edited by b_caswell; 04-06-19, 03:34 PM.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Barry and welcome from me too

Using Ben's diagram above your car should have 1115 01 04 81

.........and this is what it would (should)(could)(may) look like :
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi All
            Many thanks for your help. It would seem that the serial number was punched into the ali on left hand side behind battery. All of that ali was missing from my car having been replaced with ply. The evidence of battery acid rot was still there in some of the black painted angle steel. Also the ali above the pedal box was very pitted leading to replacement, so serial number probably lost unless the archivist turns up something.
            Again many thanks to you all
            Barry

Comment

Barry, I think DC was saying that your car's number is 1115 01 04 81 from his records. He will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Jon, you're correct. Shame that apparently there will not be proof of the kit number on the car itself
                but at least we are certain of it's provenance......you could always re-stamp it to look like the above !

The car has also carried another registration number during it's life, and we do have some history.

As Ben has said (and he is after all the "T" guy) send him a private email and between us he and I will share
                with you what we have in the archive, it's too detailed to put on here

Rgds DC

Comment

Hi Dave
                  That will teach me to read what you had written properly. I will soon have that ply ripped out. Can anybody tell me the height of the numbers so I can source the right die set.
                  I have already sent an email to Ben.
                  I am very grateful for your help.
                  Best wishes, Barry

Comment

Hi Barry , Welcome , I'm not a million miles away in Dursley with a MK1 being rebuilt too , at this rate Stoneleigh 2025ish finish planned . Good luck with you project . May catch up sometime

Comment

Hi IDM, Good to hear from you. I go to Stroud fairly regularly and would love to see you and your car sometime.
                      Barry

Comment

Working...
                      X