Proof of club membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of club membership

Once more my Ins. Co. is asking for proof of membership. I know it's a pain for the mem. sec. to send out to everyone but I'm sure there must be others in the same boat.
    Can I ask for proof of mine please and is there an easy way round having to contact you each year when ins. due?
    Since I pay by direct debit would that be considered proof?
    Thanks, Hugh.
    Last edited by h_m_cumming; 10-06-19, 10:57 AM.

Re: Proof of club membership

email him the address is in Pit Stop
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben.

Comment

Thank you Bill all arrived, Hugh

Comment

Hi, and thanks for the suggestion. At the moment anyone paying their first or renewal subscription fee online should receive a confirmation of receipt from the system automatically, but I confess I don't know how that works with DDs as opposed to PayPal. Did you get any email like this? What does the printed certificate have in it that the email doesn't - I'm guessing that the insurance company wants your name, comfirmation of membership and the start and end dates of the membership period. It might be possible to include more detail like this in the email, which would be easier than adding a manual 'print certificate' facility. I'll look into this and liaise with the membership sec to see what can be done. Regards, Mark E

Comment

I may be a bit thick here but, do we not get membership cards? I haven't had one for years and I haven't needed one. My insurance asked if I was a member and accepted my word. I know a couple of years ago the Ser111 club had a problem with people claiming to be members on an insurance claim, then being asked for proof, oops! Please can you backdate my membership 4 years? Sos no we can't!

Comment

The club has negotiated a member’s discount with selected insurance companies. Some insurance companies request proof of membership at renewal time. Others take it on trust but members should consider if they fall foul of this statement (taken from my insurance documents):
              Declaration: It is an offence under the Road Traffic Act to make a false statement or withhold any information to gain the issue of a Motor Insurance Certificate. Any incorrect information could lead to us declaring your policy void and/or declining any claim.

I worry that members who decide not to renew their membership might not remember to inform their insurance company on renewal and may have a claim declined.

Members can see their membership status and I wonder if a print of that screen would satisfy an insurance company. Unfortunately, the members name is not shown on that screen.

To see it from the welcome screen click “CLUB MEMBERSHIP”. Then on that screen click on “here” in the sentence:
              Your Membership

If you are an existing member and wish to look at your membership details or renew subs please click here.

To see this screen:
              Your Membership Information

Active Subscriptions
              Offline membership with partner 2019 expires 01/04/2020
              For members who wish to have joint membership with their partner, friend or son/daughter

Perhaps this screen could be enhanced to show the members name and address.

These days I think the only way to negotiate a real “discount” is to shop around.

Paul
              (Not really trying to make work for my successor)

Comment

Cheers for that Paul.

Comment

Working...
                X