Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevepritch's Avatar
    I cant help thinking that Steve is somewhat upset with marlin owners or the club or both.
    I only wished I was in a position to offer assistance or advice to someone.

2. #12 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepritch View Post
    I cant help thinking that Steve is somewhat upset with marlin owners or the club or both.
    I only wished I was in a position to offer assistance or advice to someone.
    I rather think it’s the other way around.

I have accumulated a great deal of data, specifically related to Marina Based Roadsters, that I willingly share with interested parties on Keepandshare, and other platforms, frequently to the chagrin of the MOC who claim copyright infringement of some documents.

Currently averaging at around 2000 documents downloaded each month. I think I contribute via a Keepandshare more to the Marlin Marina based Roadster Owners/Morris Marina Owners, than many other individuals, apart from a few on the Fastmarina forum.

Everybody has the possibility to share their knowledge, Pritch particularly you contribute with events and meetings, don’t denigrate yourself, I have not been to Pod for more years than I care to remember.

Marlin Owners Club Members have a choice, my thoughts today are, as I have already clearly indicated, is to transfer ownership of the 5speedmarina project and its intellectual property, to the Morris Marina Owners Club for posterity and the benefit of their members, not forgetting the many Marina based Kit Cars Owners should they wish to partake.

Historically however the Marlin Owners Club have eschewed the Morris Marina Owners Club, though a few members like myself frequently collaborate.

Upset. No. It’s individuals right to choose. My archive is open, even to you!
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 18-06-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

3. #13 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    Paul, I really get very tired of your criticism of what you understand to be my activities on Keepandshare. I suggest that before you criticise again, that you have a look yourself and then make specific allegations based on factual knowledge and not hearsay and conjecture.

Clearly from the current download rate, I provide a much appreciated service to those who are interested. I am confident that there are several cars that are still roadworthy as a consequence, surely that is of benefit to the community as a whole?

The vast majority of the content is I believe covered under the Fair Dealing clause in copyright law where the information is intended for the purposes of personal research and private study. I have no intent on personal, financial gain.

It is interesting to note that irregularly copies of Pitstop appear on certain auction websites, so they are very much in the public domain and well beyond the control of the MOC, it’s not as if the club actively buys surplus copies to keep them out of circulation. What actual harm does it do to the MOC when they are publicly available?

Marlin and even Marina ownership is a niche hobby, I struggle to understand why there is such a proprietorial attitude to even the most basic information, especially of a 40 year old design, when the original designer appears to have moved on to other projects.

But back to the 5speedmarina project. It may get resurrected as I have previously said, the interest seems to centre on the Marina Owners Club committee, not the MOC.

Nothing is final or decided yet, you will have to wait.

Meanwhile, there are other avenues that people can explore 5speedmarina, is only one, and there is nothing to stop people from attempting to replicate it or any other design. The benefits of overdrive and a more ergonomically position gearshift are very apparent, especially when combined with a Sprint rear axle.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

4. #14 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    Quote Originally Posted by milliemarlin View Post
    Ooops, no criticism intended, simply an observation.
    Paul
    You personally, have never, by your own admission, observed my archive content at Keepandshare.
    Please do so, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    First hand information is so much more accurate, you will then be better equipped to comment on copyright infringement issues that you claim.
    Go on, give it a try!

It’s a massive shame, that the content of this thread is now so far off topic that it’s title is wasted.
    So pleased that this is not attached to my original Type 9 conversion thread, because I would have deleted it by now in disgust. At least the original thread still has its integrity.

Acbluemarlin must be sorry that he opened a can of worms.

5speedmarina may get resurrected, nothing is decided yet, just for fun I might publish any updates on Keepandshare or Fastmarina, because it seems that my efforts here are wasted.
    MOC member since 05/97

5. #15 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    One of the fun facts about vbulletin forums is that even is a post is deleted, it’s content, when quoted in a later post, still remains for all to see.

It makes me wonder, just what about his own post, made milliemarlin decide to delete his contributions to the discussion.

I am sorry acbluemarlin. This thread is clearly out of control.

You acbluemarlin have the choice, as I did, to close or delete this thread that you started.
    I suggest the latter, it’s so far off topic and serves no benefit for the MOC, in a publicly accessible forum.

I have lost patience, I suggest that if you are interested in the 5speedmarina conversion, that you follow Keepandshare or the Fastmarina forum.

I am done with this thread.
    MOC member since 05/97

6. #16 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    forum contributor
    Hi, I bought what I believe was the last 5-speed converstion kit, either last year or in 2017. I have more or less abandoned the idea of fitting a Type 9 gearbox to my O-series engined Roadster (I bought a gearbox, then realised it wasn't the flat-fronted type that is essential for the kit to work). I also had a local engineering company make a copy of the adapter plate, in case I needed a spare. I could be interested in selling what I have.

7. #17 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I’ Interested, I’ve sent you a PM

8. #18 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    As a sub note, I have no problem with marlin2000 selling his kit.
    i would rather see it used, than left on a garage shelf collecting dust.
    MOC member since 05/97

9. #19 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    May or may not be of interest, advert in CMM for Marina 1275 engine mated to Toyota 5 speed gearbox

10. #20 Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes 
    forum contributor
    Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. I have recently rejoined the club, and I don't know how to access personal messages. You could contact me at jamesoneil2000@hotmail.com if you wish.