New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New thread on Marina to Ford Type 9 gearboxes

Hi, I bought what I believe was the last 5-speed converstion kit, either last year or in 2017. I have more or less abandoned the idea of fitting a Type 9 gearbox to my O-series engined Roadster (I bought a gearbox, then realised it wasn't the flat-fronted type that is essential for the kit to work). I also had a local engineering company make a copy of the adapter plate, in case I needed a spare. I could be interested in selling what I have.

Comment

I’ Interested, I’ve sent you a PM
      Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
      Briefly owned Marlin Berlinetta Q670XBB for about 4 months in 2012
      Did own SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering
      Now own Marlin Sportster with 3.5L BMW straight six powerplant P764DOD - proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Comment

As a sub note, I have no problem with marlin2000 selling his kit.
        i would rather see it used, than left on a garage shelf collecting dust.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

May or may not be of interest, advert in CMM for Marina 1275 engine mated to Toyota 5 speed gearbox

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. I have recently rejoined the club, and I don't know how to access personal messages. You could contact me at [email protected] if you wish.

Comment

Working...
            X