Fan Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Rotation

I bought a second hand fan and now have a problem. It is probably off a Vauxhall ,marked GM. It works both ways, but, one way air blasts out the other it doesn't. In the 'Car builder' catalogue it says 'On curved blade fans the pointed end should trail'. On my fan this seems less efective. A house fan leads with the pointed end. Any words of wisdom?

Re: Fan Rotation

From decades gone by the idea of a trailing edge fan was to reduce noise, but blades can be designed in either direction and most fan manufacturers don’t bother to mark that on the fan itself.
    i know it’s no help but I have been aware of the issue since I worked at an industrial air movement company since the mid 70’s and we made fans that went both ways.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Re: Fan Rotation

Cheers for that Steve.

Comment

Working...
      X