White Roadster at Kelsall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Roadster at Kelsall

Whilst exiting Kelsall steam rally on Sunday afternoon I spotted a lovely looking white Roadster in the public car park, I do not recall seeing it around locally before

Re: White Roadster at Kelsall

Ah, that would be me Dave!

Built the Roadster back in 83/84 but it’s been buried in the garage for the last 10 years or so. Thought it was about time to do something with it so put it back on the road in time for my daughters wedding in April. It’s cleaned up quite nicely (if you don’t look too closely) and is running nicely with it’s ex-Andrew Brown Marina TC lump up front; which is more than I can say about the gearbox lol (Hope I’ve not jinxed it!!)

I am local (actually live in Kelsall not far from HairyDave) so the Steam Rally wasn’t a long trip for me. Maybe we’ll catch up some time? It seems that there are a few of us in and around the Chester/Cheshire area?

One last thing.....have been an MOC member for a good proportion of the last 35years but never actually posted on the forum before. There you go; there’s a first time for everything.

Cheers. Bruce

Comment

Was slightly puzzled to see 20 posts by my name 🤔. Seems that I was posting back in 2007, so this wasn’t actually my first post. Obviously, memory ain’t what it used to be !!!

Comment

.......and predictably here's a post from the archivist who is keen to know which Roadster you have, and please send me
        some pictures (for the archive) to my email as in Pitstop magazine......pretty please and thanks in anticipation

Dave Cunnington

Comment

Of course Dave. I’ll email some over to you.
          Bruce

Comment

I was exhibiting my Singer Vogue if you got around to the classic car section you may have walked past me, I think I spent a whole afternoon wandering around the massive selection of lorries.
            I am taking my Marlin to the Oswestry Ironworks show Sunday July 14th, I think Gareth, Dave and maybe some others are also attending.
            Unfortunately I was unable to stop and have a closer look as I was exiting the rally in a queue of exhibitors vehicles.
            Regards
            Dave

Comment

Hi Dave I'm going to the Ironworks but with my Ser1 Landrover. I was hoping to take the Roadster to Sandringham behind the Ser1 but its not ready and no A frame.

Comment

Dave, I’m sure I did see a Singer Vogue in the parade at the end, must have been you. From memory, it looked good. Great to see these classics out in numbers, It was quite a spectacle. And like you, I enjoyed the big toys further down the field as well.

The Oswestry Ironworks event has been on my radar for a while having talked to Dave (P) about it but unfortunately, I’m away on my jollies and can’t get there. But if there is anything coming up in our part of the world where there will be a turnout of Marlins, I’d love to tag along!!

Regards. Bruce

PS. Feeling a bit left out in this thread; I’m the only one not called Dave!

Comment

I did have a A Frame set up for mine, I recently sold it to a chap who was adapting it to tow a Toyota Yaris behind his motorhome.
                  Catch up with you at Oswestry
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by hallowsgate View Post
                    PS. Feeling a bit left out in this thread; I’m the only one not called Dave!
                    Don’t worry Bruce, we can call you Dave if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Regards,

Dave(id)
                    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I really love to hear about things like that Dave. See you at Oswestry. We call Bruce Dave now? Like Trigger called Rodney.

Comment

Dave it is then. Feeling better already.
                        Kind regards.
                        Bru......Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X