Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster Data Sheet

Hi

I have noticed a number of times people asking for weights and sizes of our Roadsters.

Although this data is for the Mk2 Short Wheel version it might be of some use.

Found it with all the documentation from my previous Roadster.

Marlin Data Sheet .pdf

And for those who can't open the file

1561707296217511412822.jpg
    Last edited by listerjp2; 28-06-19, 07:35 AM.

Re: Marlin Roadster Data Sheet

I seem to recall that my old Alfa powered SWB Roadster weighed in at around 705kg, slightly less than the 715kg specified in the data sheet for the 1.8 'B' engined version. I'm assuming that the 2 litre Alfa engine is a bit lighter than the 'B' because of the extensive use of aluminium alloy.

Comment

I remember that sheet with my kit, or something like it, recall laughing about the ‘Luggage space’ figure
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Excellent - that will come in handy

AND it makes the 805 kg for my "Device" look a lot better

Comment

It’s a shame that very little genuine Marlin documentation is accurately dated.

Presumably this document dates from the hybrid era. Are there any other clues?
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I will attempt to scan the whole instruction manual today/tomorrow and load it on the site where the other manuals are.

I can tell you that the kit was despatched on 19th April 1984.

It's doner was 1275cc 1978 Morris Marina Spec 4 door saloon.

Marlin was working out of Belliver Industrial Estate in Plymouth

Regards

Adrian

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            It’s a shame that very little genuine Marlin documentation is accurately dated.

Presumably this document dates from the hybrid era. Are there any other clues?
            Last edited by listerjp2; 29-06-19, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X