Replaceing Front Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaceing Front Indicators

Replaced the front indicators on my Cabrio recently, as the chrome had deteriorated, and thought i would share the minor problem i encountered.
    I purchased a pair of replacements off E-bay - E-bay item number: 132352693109, and fitted them. After their installation my indicators flashed at around 120 flashes a minute! The sort of speed you get when a bulb has blown. Opened the unit to find the wrong bulbs, replaced with 12v 21watt. Problem sorted, and a great improvement on the 20 year old units they replaced.
    Attached Files

Re: Replaceing Front Indicators

Quick update for the E-bay link to the indicators. Search E-bay for Suzuki TS100 & TS125 Chrome Indicators Pair Short Stem 1976-1977-1978-1979 Model
    or use this link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-TS...l/132352693109
    DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE THE BULBS!

Comment

I got some Harley Davidson chrome ones I think look a bit better - but all in the eye of the beholder

Comment

Hi Alan,
        What do the Harley indicators look like? Always interested in alternatives.
        Regards Mike

Comment

Ok, visited a car/bike show recently, found these indicators, not flash, but useable I think, they are for a Yamaha XT500 and a bargain at 10€ for a pair. A possible advantage, they are a bit bendy on the support stalk!
          Attached Files

Comment

Kind of like the IVA regulations applied to cars, where possible many lighting protrusions on motorcycles are now flexible.
            They certainly are on my modern era bikes.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

They look like this, I made the plinth on the one in the picture from stainless tube.

They are fitted to the Harley Softails.

Look really good in my opinion and match the shape of the headlights.

John
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X