Waterless coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterless coolant

Hi all not sure whether this has been a topic on the forum before. But I wondered if any one had any experience on the waterless coolant available from a company called "Evans" I have read the specs ect and just wanted to find out more about it before shelling out £150 for coolant and cleaner liquid. I run a Ford 2.9 v6 dated from 1987. Any comments gratefully received
    Barry

Re: Waterless coolant

The closest I got was https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...ight=Waterless

But, if you have an overheating problem, surely it’s best to identify the cause, before researching, for a solution that may be an unnecessary expense. Poor ignition timing, dirty/contaminated water system, poor airflow, etc etc etc.

It appears to me that it’s mostly an aero engine problem. Very different from a road car, and far more operation critical.

Rather like F1 filling their tyres with nitrogen, becoming a racing norm, but to relate that to a road going car already using air at 78% nitrogen in natural air, it seems absurd to me.
    How do you purge a tyre of every drop of air N2+ O2 + tiny percentages of other gasses, because you can’t draw it down to a vacuum without pulling the tyre off the bead.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
    X