Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard blanks

Hi all
    my pc currently will not let me do searches with search engines something installed, copperfind.com, beware of it, but it might be just of French origin!!

Tried searching the forum, I recall someone talking about a dash blank within the last 2 - 3 years it was bought thro a supplier, anyone know which, or any suggestions, I 'm here a la frog and wood board seems to be like hens teeth, they like conti type board here, not good for a dash.
    Its for use in my Berly!
    Cheers all

Re: Dashboard blanks

Online shop and mail order for classic car, vintage, kit car race car and motorsport parts and accessories quality service trading for 40 years.

Is this what you are looking for?

Comment

certainly is -- thanks!! :-))

Comment

I think Scott used one for his Berly restoration it will be in his build diary.

Comment

Yes he did, I found it earlier, after you had pointed me at Europa -- again many thanks!!

Comment

Ok, found a local supplier with some offcuts of black walnut.
            I have produced a workable dash panel in 10mm mdf, I am now contemplating having a go at veneering said template, ok have done a google search and found a useful article on flattening the walnut, as its a bit wavey. hopefully have a go later today or tomorrow.
            My question is, to anyone who has followed this route, what to use as glue, PVA(waterproof perhaps), evostik or similar contact adhesive or epoxy resin(which I have used successfully previously relaminating sailing dinghy hulls.
            Any observations/comments welcome!!

Comment

WEST epoxy for me having also used it in rebuilding /repairing sailing dinghys.

Comment

Used West systems and years ago there was a dealer in I think recycled epoxy near Ormskirk, half the price of West stuff, used it to restore a Seadog, sail no CD6, think its the last one left, designed by Harry Poole of Poole as the next stage for kids after an Optimist and used around Poole harbour etc!

Comment

I used exterior grade PVA and a vacuum veneering press.
                  Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

Hi Tony, There used to be a Fiberglass supplier just outside Southport but this is now 'East Coast Fiberglass Supplies' 0191 497 5134. I just got Mat and epoxy resin from them. They were very helpful.

Comment

Ok Dave, thanks for that , duly noted,(for the note to be lost as usual!!)
                      I seem to recall the Southport outfit were actually near Ormskirk but my memory function could be playing up!!

Comment

My memory of it was about 15 yrs ago in the Blowick / High Park area, off the Scarisbrick Rd, so they might have moved. We are both right!

Comment

Reckon you must be talking about UK Epoxy Resins - https://www.epoxy-resins.co.uk/.

Comment

Yeah that's 'em just googled 'em , yes we are all sort of correct with the location!

Comment

Working...
                            X