Ford Sierra Steering Column indicator cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Sierra Steering Column indicator cam

Just taken the steering wheel off the column to find the plastic collar which cancels the turn indicators is a little worse for wear the lug which locates under the steering boss is non existant, any suppliers out there? is it easily replaceable with new or rebuild job if possible?
    Suggestions please!

Re: Ford Sierra Steering Column indicator cam

Comment

Thanks Scott bought one, looked earlier using the Haynes manual description, didn't come up with anything, I hadn't used cancellation in my search doooohhhh lifes a bitch at times!
      once again many thanks

Comment

Ok seeking another piece of info re the indicator cancellation cam, should the cam be just an interference fit between the top bearing inner and the steering boss or should it be well clamped, the Haynes manual gives no info on this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Stott View Post
          Ok seeking another piece of info re the indicator cancellation cam, should the cam be just an interference fit between the top bearing inner and the steering boss or should it be well clamped, the Haynes manual gives no info on this point.
          I recently had to take the steering column out of my Sierra based car. The “Cam - direction indicator turn – off” has a lug that locates it in a slot on the steering wheel.

The lug can just be seen on item 14 in this picture taken from http://www.fordopedia.org/parts-cata...erra-mk1/H1.10

Ford indicator cam.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X