Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project roadster on eBay.

Strange project on fleebay.

Not too far from me, may be worth it for the parts, I’ve asked the seller if it’s correctly registered as Marlin. If it is may be worth the £500.
    Don’t know why the windscreen frame has been cut out, could be to create a cropped top.

Re: Project roadster on eBay.

There was a guy on one of the hot rod forums a while back talking about ‘rodding’ a Marlin. Maybe this is it!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thanks for putting that one up DB, I'm trying to get some history on it from the seller
      Rgds DC

Comment

Although the seller said ‘any questions just message him’ I am still waiting for a reply.

Comment

It’s registered as a Marlin and on an age related S plate.
          Could be worth the £500.
          Just need to talk myself into it which is easy then persuade the other half, that won’t be easy.

Comment

Meverett, Buy it! Save me trying to figure out how to get it up here and causing a divorce! It would make an interesting rod though, Huge Back wheels and skinny front ones, maybe Citroen 2cv with adaptors? I am going to lie down in a dark room till I feel better.

Comment

Ha, it is only 45 miles away from me so not too far. Trouble is I don’t have access to a trailer, all I have is an A frame that I used when collecting the Roadster that I am currently rebuilding.
              Also I wouldn’t have time or space to go down the route of rodding it. It would end up living outside the garage around the back that would end up giving me serious earache. Saying that it has to be worth the £500 in parts just a shame the windscreen has been cut off. Also looks like a big hole for a boot has been cut out of the rear tub (I have a spare one) and half the bodywork missing which I also have some spares.
              Still trying to persuade her indoors.
              Last edited by meverett; 07-08-19, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I'm still not buying it! I was looking at a Rickman Ranger project for my wife (good swap?) and looked at renting a car transporter. There a very few of them about so going to Lizard would be right out for me. Good luck!

Comment

I recently bought a Mazda RX8 and had it trailered from Maidenhead to the South Coast (about 70 miles) for a very reasonable price of about £120. The company are called ANYVAN and use a network of local vans with trailers.
                  It was great service and you can find them online at anyvan.com.

Comment

Cheers for that, but this would be a round trip of about 600mls! It makes it very expensive. Worth remembering though.

Comment

Hi Dave - surely you can borrow a trailer?
                      I'm in the wrong place to help you but among my pals there must be four or five car trailers - and the local petrol station hires them out

Comment

Hi Duncan, I am realy not wantig that project, I have too many toys and not enough time already. Plus Best Beloved is threatening unspeakable things if I did. I generally find that solutions appear when realy needed. Thanks for the thought. Dave

Comment

I think it’s me that doesn’t have a good enough excuse not to buy it other than space, it’s only 45 miles away.
                          Question is do I take a chance and tow it with my A frame or try to source a trailer.
                          If I tow it obviously some bodywork will need to go in the back of the van but I am then relying on all nuts and bolts done up properly for towing. I could take tools and spend an hour checking it.

Comment

Good man meverett, where is the point of temptation, if you don't yield to it? Go look at it, buy it and then figure how to get it home. I once pulled a car onto the back of a Transit by tying a shackle to the headboard, the rope went from the car through the shackle to a telegraph pole. Then drive away! The front wheels of the tranny came off the road but the car went on. BTW the ramps were fixed to the truck but it was a straight flatback. Go get it! get a good tarp to cover it while you figure what you are going to do with it. If you are realy stuck Duncan in NZ has lots of mates with car trailers. Good luck! Dave

Comment

Now look at the 1984 Alfa 8C tribute on the forum. Now there is a challenge, If I were 15yrs younger.

Comment

Working...
                              X