Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shocks

Rear shocks.

Has anyone got any pictures of how they have attached the rear shocks on their roadster.

Mine is marina based with rear leaf springs. Can see where the shocks attach at the bottom just not where they attach at the top.
    Yes have looked at the manuals just can seem to work it out. Thats why asking for pics.

Thanks

Re: Rear shocks

Here's how, the shocks are mounted "upside down" ... BUT ensure that the bolt head at the top goes at the front and the nut is at the back (NOT like this pic)
    - should you ever need to take the shock off it saves having to remove the fuel tank !

PS Look on this site at my build diaries for Q67 GJA (Marina based) and YTB 432 (Triumph based)....... loadsa pics in them
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 08-08-19, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Shocks upside down ??????

Adrian

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
      Here's how, the shocks are mounted "upside down" ... BUT ensure that the bolt head at the top goes at the front and the nut is at the back (NOT like this pic)
      - should you ever need to take the shock off it saves having to remove the fuel tank !

PS Look on this site at my build diaries for Q67 GJA (Marina based) and YTB 432 (Triumph based)....... loadsa pics in them

Comment

If you're using the Herald ones as in the build manual, this is how they are mounted top and bottom.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh mine are spax. Maybe that's why.

Adrian

Originally posted by h_m_cumming View Post
          If you're using the Herald ones as in the build manual, this is how they are mounted top and bottom.

Comment

The reason the shocks in dcunn's picture are up side down is because they probably are Triumph Herald fronts.

The top mount is from the donor Marina.

The all Marina kit should use Marina application shocks on the rear and Herald rear shocks for the modified front suspension.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X