1984 Alfa Romeo 8c inspired For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Alfa Romeo 8c inspired For Sale

Interesting ‘backdated’ Marlin for sale, interesting price as well!

On the day I posted about putting aero screens on JRR!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1142904
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: 1984 Alfa Romeo 8c inspired For Sale

Very nice,useable vehicle at a not unreasonable price. Probably worth it. Personally I would prefer the look of the curved top aero screens with a gap between them. not as efficient draught wise but if you don't like draughts fit a hard top.
    Last edited by HairyDave; 11-08-19, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, I must have a good solid miserly bone somewhere as I thought nice enough car but £26,350 is a massive price for a car that's still a Marlin roadster underneath. Yes, someone has put effort and thought into this but its still a replica. Generally kit cars do never return the fiscal investment of their creation.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
        Hmmm, I must have a good solid miserly bone somewhere as I thought nice enough car but £26,350 is a massive price for a car that's still a Marlin roadster underneath. Yes, someone has put effort and thought into this but its still a replica. Generally kit cars do never return the fiscal investment of their creation.
        But then this car is in Italy!
        Would quite probably be worth a lot more with a proper Alfa engine and box.

we have a couple of Italian members, I wonder what they think?
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
          Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

I Have a clone as well. It needs finishing, although it now has an exhaust system and a grill
            Attached Files

Comment

Watched the YouTube....... Looks great in the virtual flesh though, love the looks of whats been done in the cockpit.
              2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

Comment

Originally posted by djj_engineer View Post
                I Have a clone as well. It needs finishing, although it now has an exhaust system and a grill
                I'm definitely digging the cycle wing look of these cars....

Comment

Originally posted by boustrophedon View Post
                  A walk around video of a car is a great way of promoting it for sale.

No two roadsters are identical so, as the video clearly shows there are some curios design points like the stowage behind the seats, and the line of the exhaust, which were not obvious in the static pictures.

This car may not suit all tastes, but a few more walk around vids could spark some more creative ideas amongst the members.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by djj_engineer View Post
                    That’s looking nice Derek, you’re good at this!
                    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

djj_engineer I do like this look, where did you source the rear arches from?
                      Also how did you mount the cycle wings? A few pics of what you have fabricated would be great.
                      Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Working...
                      X