Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Berli in S Wales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Berli in S Wales 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggiesworld View Post
    Now its only a personal thing..... but I always find the Berli's a tad unresolved around the design of the windscreen and windows. Now, before anyone leaps at me, I'm aware that these were designed like this due to the fact that this is a 2+2. Its just that in relation to the design as a whole the windscreen and windows are just too tall. And rounded. There, I've said it. As ever its a personal opinion, just trying to gauge other people's view on this to see if its just me.
    I agree, and many I have spoken to do but you get used to it over time and now I see it as a quirky design feature that identifies it amongst the Cabrios, Hunters and Roadster.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

2. #12 Re: Berli in S Wales 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Again a personal view here,
    I think that the Berli looks too big and long for this style of car. I understand that it has to be for a 2+2 and it’s just a personal view.
    I agree that everyone have their own preferences.
    1275 Marina/Ital based LWB Roadster in the process of a ground up rebuild.

3. #13 Re: Berli in S Wales 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Actually, I’ve been toying with the idea of selling my Alfa and getting a good Berli, but it would have to be a very good one as I need an occasional daily driver.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

4. #14 Re: Berli in S Wales 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member angusgrooby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I agree, and many I have spoken to do but you get used to it over time and now I see it as a quirky design feature that identifies it amongst the Cabrios, Hunters and Roadster.
    I think the problem with the Berly is the cockpit should be a bit wider this in turn would make the windscreen wider and make it look a little more in proportion and also narrow the slabs of wings either side. In my opinion the side profile of the wings are good nice curve unlike the roadsters where it looks very flat around the door area.
    Each model has its quirks but I like the roadsters and Berly for them.