Berli in S Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berli in S Wales

eBay item number: Berli Pinto 2l in need of a little TLC. In Newport S Wales. This I quite fancy Meverett!

Re: Berli in S Wales

I think this has been up for sale a few times, looks tidier this time around.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

HairyDave, at least this Berli is roadworthy unlike the Roadster project, I was unsure it was tow worthy :-) saying that it was interesting.
      I quite fancy a 7 for my next project.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
        HairyDave, at least this Berli is roadworthy unlike the Roadster project, I was unsure it was tow worthy :-) saying that it was interesting.
        I quite fancy a 7 for my next project.
        Now its only a personal thing..... but I always find the Berli's a tad unresolved around the design of the windscreen and windows. Now, before anyone leaps at me, I'm aware that these were designed like this due to the fact that this is a 2+2. Its just that in relation to the design as a whole the windscreen and windows are just too tall. And rounded. There, I've said it. As ever its a personal opinion, just trying to gauge other people's view on this to see if its just me.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Is it still on Ebay, can't find it, can some one give ,me a link please, just out of curiosity!

Comment

Try this Tony :

Comment

Tony. eBay item number:

I don't know how to make it link. It is up to £1000 but not met reserve.
              Wigglesworld. Personally I prefer the Berli to the Cabrio, I like the rounded screen. I know the front suspension may be described as a bodge and not liked by the DVLA but, I like the overall look. As you said its personal I like the PT cruiser (i wouldn't buy one) and marmite!
              dcunn. Works for me. Just noticed its a Q plate so never tax free.
              Last edited by HairyDave; 13-08-19, 07:24 AM. Reason: additions

Comment

Thanks for that!
                I also like the PT cruiser in saloon form, there are several around here in Finistere, think the cabrio version is terrible,strikes me as a can opener job without much thought afterwards!!

Comment

My local garage threatened to excomunicate me if I got a PT. Aparently they are a bitch to work on and the spares are very expensive. The cario does look unfinished.

Comment

Probably a Friday afternoon design job after a good liquid lunch ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
                      Now its only a personal thing..... but I always find the Berli's a tad unresolved around the design of the windscreen and windows. Now, before anyone leaps at me, I'm aware that these were designed like this due to the fact that this is a 2+2. Its just that in relation to the design as a whole the windscreen and windows are just too tall. And rounded. There, I've said it. As ever its a personal opinion, just trying to gauge other people's view on this to see if its just me.
                      I agree, and many I have spoken to do but you get used to it over time and now I see it as a quirky design feature that identifies it amongst the Cabrios, Hunters and Roadster.
                      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Again a personal view here,
                        I think that the Berli looks too big and long for this style of car. I understand that it has to be for a 2+2 and it’s just a personal view.
                        I agree that everyone have their own preferences.

Comment

Actually, I’ve been toying with the idea of selling my Alfa and getting a good Berli, but it would have to be a very good one as I need an occasional daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            I agree, and many I have spoken to do but you get used to it over time and now I see it as a quirky design feature that identifies it amongst the Cabrios, Hunters and Roadster.
                            I think the problem with the Berly is the cockpit should be a bit wider this in turn would make the windscreen wider and make it look a little more in proportion and also narrow the slabs of wings either side. In my opinion the side profile of the wings are good nice curve unlike the roadsters where it looks very flat around the door area.
                            Each model has its quirks but I like the roadsters and Berly for them.

Comment

Working...
                            X