Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster

Hi David,
    do we know this one, last on the road in 2013. Came across it while browsing pics of Panther Kallistas.
    Attached Files

Re: Roadster

Yes Hugh, we do. Adrian sold the car (Toyota 2L engined) in 2003, it's now in Germany I believe.

…………...he might even be here in a while to tell us more

Thanks for the posting

Rgds DC
    Last edited by dcunn; 17-08-19, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Hi

Yep that's me behind the wheel with John Brice doing the map reading on the way to Le Mans Classic.

The car was built by a set of apprentices at a garage in the West Country with a 2ltr Toyota Corolla engine and it's 5 speed gearbox mated to the Marina back end.

I had it for just over 6 years and did 100,000 miles in her without a blip, just serviced her.

The Toyota gearbox was a fantastic mariage with the Marina rear end and made it a joy to drive.

She had a wonderful pateener and I sometimes regret getting rid of her.

She went to Belgium but I haven't heard anything since.

Adrian

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
      Yes Hugh, we do. Adrian sold the car (Toyota 2L engined) in 2003, it's now in Germany I believe.

…………...he might even be here in a while to tell us more

Thanks for the posting

Rgds DC
      Last edited by listerjp2; 18-08-19, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that, nice to know some history.

Comment

Hi Adrian
          Which Toyota engine did it have as I thought it was a 2T engine which was 1588cc?
          As far as I am aware there wasn't a 2 litre engine fitted to the Corolla back then.
          There was however a 18R 2.0 litre engine that was fitted to Celica's from approx 1978 though.
          If you still have a picture of the fitted engine, I would be able to identify it for you.

Btw, the 2T was the better engine
          Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 19-08-19, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Hiya

Yep it was a 2T with, I think, a T50 5 speed gearbox married to the Marina 1.3 diff from an estate.

All other running gear as per a MK2 Marlin except for the Land Crab radiator.

Adrian

Comment

Working...
            X