Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Warsaw to Italy again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 Warsaw to Italy again 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    It is not yet done but...

Whoever may be on my way please respond. I plan to leave Warsaw around 20.08 and arrive to Acquasparta a week later. On 31st i have my flight back to Warsaw and will leave the Berlinetta to my son for the next two weeks.
    14.09 we attend a wedding near Lago Maggiore after that i will start my way back that should take 1-2 weeks.
    On the way back I may go through southern France (Provence) and French, Swiss and Italian Alps followed by Austria or Germany.
    My father-in-law lives in Strasbourg so that may also be included.

I will post updates as my trip progresses.
    If you would like to meet or join on some part of the trip let me know. My email is the same as my login here on gmail.

Best regards
    Roman

2. #2 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    Have a good trip
    Liz

3. #3 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    Oil and filter changed. New radiator fan installed. Additional low speed manual fan feed installed. (Thermostat is full power)
    Front number plate fixed. Drivers wiper (left) split filed with two component resin.
    And some more small improvements done.

And finally started the journey.
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member 928cdu's Avatar
    Enjoy the trip, car looks great !
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

5. #5 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Sounds like good preparation. Have a good trip and keep the photos coming. I really enjoyed seeing those from your last trip. Peter.

6. #6 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    Once upon a time... about a week and 1600 miles ago I left my home.
    In the first day was traveling through Poland in the west direction to join my friends on holiday. Most of way was on a flatland but I was able to find side ways without too much traffic and some nice views.
    I was taking pics mostly with my (fresh install) dash cam. The quality is not the best but at some point later I had to format the card and all pics were gone.
    So just one from my phone.
    This was 21st of August = Day 1
    Attached Images

7. #7 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    Day 2
    Woke up in a nice area that I haven’t seen on arrival as it was already dark. Direction for today was south. I have passed
    through Swiebodzin which is proud to have the largest Jesus Christi figure in the world. Yes, bigger than the one in Rio de Janeiro. It has also to oldest Tesco market as it was build 5 years B.C.
    A few attempts were made to use a river ferry but all were closed due to low water levels.
    I stopped overnight in Wolimierz near Polish/Czech border. There is a former railway station owned by an theater/performance art group. I have been there about 20 years ago and it is still a busy place. A Punkrock Festival was starting next day.
    1. Morning
    2. Swiebodzin
    3. Wolimierz

8. #8 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    Day 3
    It was a long day. Started around 6 am and stopped about 8 pm. Entered Czech Republic in the morning on small local roads. Have seen a lot of people picking up mushrooms in the woods - lots of cars parked on road sides and people walking along with baskets full with boletus and other that I don’t know the English name.
    It was mostly sunny drive until evening.
    On early afternoon entered Germany. Typical views you may expect. Bavarian Ordnung. As I stopped for a swim in Chiemsee the sky started to fill with heavy Clouds.
    Just a short walk to a waterfall top up the day and I was ready to sleep. About 600 km done.
    1. Bavarian landscape
    2. Waterfall
    Attached Images

9. #9 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member 928cdu's Avatar
    Great way to use the car, thanks for posting the pics ! Safe trip 👍
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

10. #10 Re: Warsaw to Italy again 
    Day 4

In a fogy/cloudy weather entered Austria but sun has found its way to see me driving. Over land road passed Brenner and got to Italy.
    First stop was at Brixen/Bressanone wehere we stayed at one of our ski holidays in winter.
    Then the “Dolomites rollercoaster” has started:
    San Martin de Tor, Pian Falzarego, Arabba, Passo Pordoi, Canazei, Tiers
    The weather was “dangerous” most of the time with thunders sounding occasionally but I had to stop only twice and put on the soft top during the break. This was enough to continue the journey open-top although sometimes wet-head. Wet-head was not enough so a swim in a small mountain lake was taken. A marmot spotted on a rock nearby.
    Decided for the overnight stop on a small road that was supposed to be closed but a nice local stopped and informed me that the road was repaired and passable.
    In the narrow canyon the afternoon light was so weak that I decided to stop.
    1. Morning in Austria
    2. Dolomiti road panorama
    3. Selfie