Which Honda Civic Radiator are People Using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Honda Civic Radiator are People Using

I'm considering fitting one of the Honda Civic Radiators and I notice that there are 2,3 and 4 row variants. Which of these have been used in a MkII Roadster? I'm asking because the space between the front cross member and the steering rack on a MkII is tight and these radiators vary in depth from about 40-60mm. Also has anyone got pictures of one fitted with a Pinto? I'm interested in how the hoses are routed.

This is the 4 row version...

Thanks

Andy
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Re: Which Honda Civic Radiator are People Using

Hello Andy,
    I bought and fitted one of these to my project which at present has stalled. If you look at the build and rebuild forum it is under getting marlin through IVA near the top. I ordered the bling version, alloy with fan included off an ebay store based in Southampton about £75. I had to fit the fan on front of the the rad due to space limits. for the 1700 o series engine. The standard black replacement rads early to mid 90,s are sold as being good up to 160 BHP costing when I looked £30-40. So unless you are fitting a V8 need a new fan or want the bling factor like me it would probably be simpler to fit the black version. I hope that helps.

Cheers

Phil

Comment

I ended up fitting a 4 row civic radiator. Here are some pictures of the install.

20200618_205643.jpg20200618_205651.jpg20200618_205725.jpg20200618_205734.jpg20200618_205759.jpg
      Attached Files
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I also fitted this rad to a roadster, you can find the details on page 16 of my roadster build diary. It worked brilliantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron F View Post
          I also fitted this rad to a roadster, you can find the details on page 16 of my roadster build diary. It worked brilliantly.
          Its more work than getting a standard Viva radiator modified with an extra core, because you don’t have to worry about pipe sizes etc.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
          X