Wentworth Woodhouse classic car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentworth Woodhouse classic car show

Wentworth Woodhouse classic car show. Marlins well represented. Had a great chat with 'Steve' who owed the yellow Sportster but didn't catch the guy who owned the blue Berli.
    20190908_095532.jpg
    20190908_112934.jpg
    20190908_114149.jpg
    20190908_094944.jpg

Re: Wentworth Woodhouse classic car show

Looks like a great day out.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Love the look of the green & ally car next to the Berli. Anyone got any ideas what it is?

And never seen anything like that bar between the mudguards on the Sportster..........
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

It's a Roadster!

Comment

The Green and Ally car is probably a Riley replica MPH Vincent or similar although this pic is a real one.

Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

That is flat out gorgeous! Another to add to the dream list.
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

It was a great day out and the weather was excellent! Got a little sunburnt even.
              One thing I always do at shows is keep a look out for other Marlins and their owners. It's like meeting a family member in a crowd!😊

I'm sure I spoke to the Berlinetta owner last year at an American hotrod show but can't remember his name. I did notice a leaflet on his windscreen whilst I was passing later which suggested he'd done well in a judging competition and should contact the organisers. Couldn't see exactly how well he'd done as it was partially tucked under the wiper.

Spoke to the owner of the Roadster about the 'bar' as I wondered about the edges in regards to SVA radii tests but the car pre-dates SVA so wasn't an issue. The mudguards were bolted securely to say the least! A thoroughly nice and talkative gentleman, I believe he has an article in the next up and coming Pitstop magazine.

Comment

Working...
              X