Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th September Hinckley Car Show

Hinckley Classic Motorshow
    Date: 15 September 2019 Location: Hinckley town centre and Argents Mead. Time: 10:00 - 16:00. Cost: Free entry to visitors and exhibitors
    Hinckley BID’s 9th annual Classic Motorshow. More than 600 Classic vehicle owners from all over the Midlands filled Hinckley Town Centre on a Sunday last year to show off their beautiful and carefully restored machines to a crowd of some 17,000.
    Organised by the Hinckley BID - this year’s 9th annual Hinckley Classic Motor Show will again comprise of cars, vans, motorbikes and scooters.
    For further details or to enter a vehicle, visit: www.hinckleybid.co.uk or call: 01455 698494.

For anyone attending, it would be good to arrive in convoy to enable parking together. Suggest meeting on A5 Aldi store just to north and west of Hinckley town centre at about 9.15, leave Aldi approx 09.30 for short drive to show. Its easy to register in advance. Hope to see a few Marlins on show.

Re: 15th September Hinckley Car Show

Hi Steve,
    Although I have registered , I need to sort the front wheel bearings (MOT time v. Soon) if it turns out to be sorted by adjustment only I should be there, otherwise it will be in bits come Sunday so cant make it.
    I have your mobile & will let you know.

All the best .. Richard
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Richard

Good luck with the bearings, hope it's a little excessive play.

Comment

Originally posted by 928cdu View Post
        Hi Steve,
        Although I have registered , I need to sort the front wheel bearings (MOT time v. Soon) if it turns out to be sorted by adjustment only I should be there, otherwise it will be in bits come Sunday so cant make it.
        I have your mobile & will let you know.

All the best .. Richard
        Small Triumphs have a lot in common with a Marina, they were built from the same parts bin.

The front wheel bearings, when adjusted to the Workshop Manual do allow movement, greater than an MOT tester, used to modern cars, will find acceptable, consequently cars are unnecessarily failed.

The rule of thumb is to tighten the nut to finger/5lbf tightness then back it off. This is always assuming that everything is clean and not snagging.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I’ll take that advice, I always find the castellated nut seems to have the slots in just the just wrong place .. Giving two options, too loose or too tight ! Hopefully I’ll be lucky this time ..
          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Originally posted by 928cdu View Post
            Thanks Steve, I’ll take that advice, I always find the castellated nut seems to have the slots in just the just wrong place .. Giving two options, too loose or too tight ! Hopefully I’ll be lucky this time ..
            Take a copy of whe Workshop Manual with you.
            Just to be sure.

Sorry if I was teaching you to suck eggs, but as ‘classics’ become rarer, fewer MOT inspectors(?) get trained in their idiosyncrasies.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Loose is better than tight some stub axles have two cross drillings for the split pin
              so you can get a better adjustment.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
              X