Kop Hill Climb this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kop Hill Climb this weekend

Looking forward to the Kop Hill Climb this weekend.

The Marlin Owners Club have a stand on Saturday and we think 7 cars should be there including JRR.

I have been going since the start and it never fails the enjoyment test.

Ed China will be there and Fuzz Towsend who will be looking after the Soap Box Challenge.

You don't have to bring a classic and you can pay on the gate.

Will post some pics on Sunday.

Adrian

Re: Kop Hill Climb this weekend

Thanks for the plug Adrian.

We've been up there setting up today, the club pitch is ready and JRR is there and waiting!
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

JRR is looking very smart there David. See you tomorrow

Comment

It's tomorrow, were off to finish setup, see you all there!
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Great day some picks below

20190921_134803.jpg
          20190921_140148.jpg
          20190921_142657.jpg

Originally posted by David View Post
          It's tomorrow, were off to finish setup, see you all there!

Comment

I really like the way the mudguards have been done on that Marlin lookalike (Alpha Romeo).
            Paul

Comment

Awesome day out !!
              It began by being directed by my Sat Nav (I was very early and well before the Hill Climb had commenced down Kop hill
              My suspicions to if this was the Course, were quickly prompted by the need to gently apply the brakes all the way down the hill, shortly confirmed by passing the straw bales laid out on the course.

Obviously this wouldn't have been possible to do if the event had already started.Yep, it's very steep.

I was impressed with the amount of Classic and Vintage cars and Bikes and also the variety of things for people to see which included a Live music stage withsome Rockabilly/ Jive dancing in period outfits.

The WW2 flypast was by I think a Hurricane?? due to the Spitfire having technical issues.
              It's a great Sound from the Rolls Royce Merlin engine and also sight that had the full attention of the crowd.

This was my first visit to the Kop Hill Climb prompted by SHEBB and David's hard work organising this and inviting us all to attend.

I would say,it now rivals a day to the Goodwood Revival and is certainly worthy of TV coverage.

It was also great to catch up with fellow Marliner's again and what fantastic weather .

Thank you David, Adrian and John for the invite
              Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 22-09-19, 10:10 AM.

Comment

What difference a day makes.

A tad moist today but still great fun, different motors and a Marlin 1.8 Roadster went up the hill.

Latest pic below

FB_IMG_1569166637151.jpg

Adrian

Comment

Thanks for the compliments Paul, and Adrian, are you standing on my red carpet?

Comment

Unless your a Freemason, then no, lol

Thanks for the compliments Paul, and Adrian, are you standing on my red carpet?

Comment

Below is a link to Peter Seabrook going up the hill in a 1929 Alvis FWD

I'm definitely doing it next year.

Last edited by listerjp2; 23-09-19, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Great photos, Looks like it was a great weekend. #jealous :-)

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                          Below is a link to Peter Seabrook going up the hill in a 1929 Alvis FWD

I'm definitely doing it next year.

https://youtu.be/gv2y6dhaSMo
                          Perhaps we should organise a SHEBBBB how many B's now, tulip rally that goes up the hill, it is just public road after all!

David,

Comment

Perhaps we should organise a SHEBBBB how many B's now, tulip rally that goes up the hill, it is just public road after all!

David,
                            Here's one of my pet peeves, acronyms without stating what they actually mean. Now I'm sure there are people familiar with their meaning but someone please put me out my misery and tell me what SHEBB is?
                            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Sorry, I agree but couldn’t remember I think it is;

Surrey, Herts, Essex, Berkshire and Bucks, as in Marlow owners?

Comment

Working...
                              X