IVA Vin Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVA Vin Number

I note that the IVA Requires the vin number to be on the right hand side of the car . Marlin have constructed my Cabrio with the stamped vin number on the left hand side . I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem and what the reaction from the inspector was to this ??
    Many thanks
    Nigel

Re: IVA Vin Number

I had the same issue. Mine failed IVA because of this ( and a few other minor issues though it was the first Cabrio to get throught IVA)...
    I bought a set of number/letter stamps and stamped the VIN number on the top of the RH scuttle.
    The IVA inspector was happy with this and commented it was a stupid requirement.

My other major issues we to do with radius/sharp edges. Mostly cured by putting U section rubber around the whole of the mudguards, runningboard/wings and visible bolt heads in the front suspension. Also over the nuts on the steering arms.
    Don't forget to do the lower edge of the dashboard and any possible sharpe edges like heater controls, even under the dashboard

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Did yo use U section on the nuts on the steering arm

Comment

For the standard nuts I bought some rubber nut covers that just slip on.
        On the anti-rollbar where the large nuts is on the end I made a cover from some water pipe insulating foam and covered it in gaffer tape, then glued it in place.
        On the steering arm adjustment nuts I covered them in concertina plastic tube with cable tie to hold them in place

Comment

I ground the VIN plate welds off and rewelded the plate on the opposite side

Comment

Mike, my VIN was split over 2 lines which was not considered acceptable

Comment

Thank you my plate is on two lines so definitely not allowed by the sound of it

Comment

Once again thank you Looks like a busy week ahead !!
                N

Comment

Working...
                X