Unfinished Cabrio for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unfinished Roadster for Sale

I knew I had read it somewhere, OK it’s not a Marlin site but http://www.javelinsportscars.co.uk/s...o_info_pk1.htm
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Yes indeed, Dave Kitsons words.but no matter I guess you can refer to the model range in any way you may choose.

Comment

Thanks Danny for clearing it up. I had always thought the Cabrio' s with strut suspension were under Pauls ownership.

Comment

I've been and had a look at what's there and it's definitely a Cabrio...looks like a SWB.
          2.0 8v EFI, said to have been rebuilt and not run since along with the donor engine loom & ECU. Donor was an F (1988) reg Sierra, showing as untaxed on DVLA
          All panels to complete plus a whole host of other parts, e.g. chrome headlights, loom, walnut dash, luggage rack, new stereo, tinted glass, stainless exhaust system, various donor parts etc (too much to inspect & document)...looks like someone acquired all the parts they needed then lost interest.

Current owner had it stored in a barn for a while so sadly there is some rust evident on the engine, suspension and chassis. If it doesn't sell it's likely to end up back in a barn or parted out.
          Car presently located in Shrewsbury...the owner can arrange transport of the vehicle if required.

Please PM me if you are interested and I can pass on the owners details.
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

This is another thread whose title needs changing.
            it can be done by the OP! No need for admin.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

I agree it needs changing but it is far from obvious how to accomplish that, despite the assistance of Google.
              Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
                I agree it needs changing but it is far from obvious how to accomplish that, despite the assistance of Google.
                Replied via PM.
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Bump...any interested parties..?

Comment

Working...
                  X