Dodgy wiring ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodgy wiring ...

Only mod. I plan to do shortly is to fit an inertia switch (probably ex-Peugeot) to the SU fuel pump wire for safety's sake.

That is when I change the yellow wire to the correct white.
    [and just found the earth wire from the wiper instead of being black has been spliced [by a PO] to light purple wire ...

Comment

Have a look at this thread I posted some time back, might help.

Comment

Excellent, I believed that I was having a vaporizing problem with the mech pump on my1800TC so I fitted a SU I had kicking around by the wiper motor. It does vapourize in hot slow traffic so maybe a facet would be good and the SU can go back in my Landrover spares box.

Comment

Loads of inertia switches on eBay

Comment

As I have said before there appears to be a strong correlation between modern Ethanol fuels and fuel system problems.
            Certainly, pump and seal materials from 30 years ago would not have been required to be compatible, and I woukd be wary of chinesium products.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
              Loads of inertia switches on eBay
              Even more - and much cheaper - in my local scrapyard.
              They even tried to give me a switch as it was not worth charging for ...

Good point from Steve G in #20 about ethanol content damaging lots of materials - that includes NOS mechanical pump kits/diaphragms etc. (thank the 'Greenies' for promoting this particular ill-checked change ...).

Ref pressure and SUs - they seem to be quite sensitive - which may be why the American PO of my HRG fitted Grose valves to the twin SUs.

Comment

Working...
              X