Dodgy wiring ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodgy wiring ...

Only mod. I plan to do shortly is to fit an inertia switch (probably ex-Peugeot) to the SU fuel pump wire for safety's sake.

That is when I change the yellow wire to the correct white.
    [and just found the earth wire from the wiper instead of being black has been spliced [by a PO] to light purple wire ...

Comment

Have a look at this thread I posted some time back, might help.

Comment

Excellent, I believed that I was having a vaporizing problem with the mech pump on my1800TC so I fitted a SU I had kicking around by the wiper motor. It does vapourize in hot slow traffic so maybe a facet would be good and the SU can go back in my Landrover spares box.

Comment

Loads of inertia switches on eBay

Comment

As I have said before there appears to be a strong correlation between modern Ethanol fuels and fuel system problems.
            Certainly, pump and seal materials from 30 years ago would not have been required to be compatible, and I woukd be wary of chinesium products.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
              Loads of inertia switches on eBay
              Even more - and much cheaper - in my local scrapyard.
              They even tried to give me a switch as it was not worth charging for ...

Good point from Steve G in #20 about ethanol content damaging lots of materials - that includes NOS mechanical pump kits/diaphragms etc. (thank the 'Greenies' for promoting this particular ill-checked change ...).

Ref pressure and SUs - they seem to be quite sensitive - which may be why the American PO of my HRG fitted Grose valves to the twin SUs.

Comment

Working...
              X