Van wheel nuts ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van wheel nuts ...

I found a Marina van back axle and am tracking down locally a full set of Rostyles.

What threads are van wheel nuts though … mine are 7/16" UNF … but eBay sellers reckon Rostyles on MGBs took 1/2"UNF nuts ?
    Should I just buy a set of 60degree 7/16" nuts ? Are they OK on MGB wheels?

Thanks.
    Last edited by marlin1984; 26-10-19, 10:49 PM.

Re: Van wheel nuts ...

I’ve not done it on a van axle, but you can pop out the studs and replace them quite easily on Triumph and Marina axles.

How are MGB wheels centred, are they bored to suit the axle boss, or are they centred using the studs, not a good idea in my opinion.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
      I’ve not done it on a van axle, but you can pop out the studs and replace them quite easily on Triumph and Marina axles.

How are MGB wheels centred, are they bored to suit the axle boss, or are they centred using the studs, not a good idea in my opinion.

> I will check when I get a set of B wheels [probably tomorrow] - unless another owner with a van axle and Rostyle 14" B wheels answers ...

Re. "centred via studs". I had a supercharged Dellow for many years and the Ford Popular-derived 5-stud wheels used that system without any problems.

Edited on 31/10/19
      14" B Rostyles appear to be centred by the studs [centre hole takes an "MG" cap].

I have knocked out wheel studs before but if Leyland thought 7/16" were adequate for a commercial vehicle …

(Q. Steve. Are the holes in the hub/halfshaft actually the same size - or will they all need to be enlarged ?)
      Last edited by marlin1984; 12-11-19, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I run rostyles on a van axle and happily use 7/16" nuts with no problems

Comment

Thanks Mark. And sorry for the delay in thanking you.
          Last edited by marlin1984; 12-11-19, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X