Cylinder head removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder head removal

I am the new owner of this berlinetta. It has been garaged for the last 26 ish years. I did a compression test and they were all around 50 so decided to remove the head as it would be needing the unleaded conversion done anyway. I have removed everything that was attached to head and then removed the 10 head bolts but the head refuses to detach from the block. I have put a large lump of wood beside it and melted it with a hammer and still the head refuses to detach. Am I missing a bolt somewhere or is it just pure brute force and ignorance to get this head away from the block.
    it looks a mess as valve stems and guides are really rusty. Machine shop me thinks.

thanks

Re: Cylinder head removal

Originally posted by twinstacks View Post
    I am the new owner of this berlinetta. It has been garaged for the last 26 ish years. I did a compression test and they were all around 50 so decided to remove the head as it would be needing the unleaded conversion done anyway. I have removed everything that was attached to head and then removed the 10 head bolts but the head refuses to detach from the block. I have put a large lump of wood beside it and melted it with a hammer and still the head refuses to detach. Am I missing a bolt somewhere or is it just pure brute force and ignorance to get this head away from the block.
    it looks a mess as valve stems and guides are really rusty. Machine shop me thinks.

thanks
    Dual post! See my reply on:

Peter.

Comment

Working...
    X