Haynes Publishing up for sale? The

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haynes Publishing up for sale? The

Agree about all said about the interweb however when I'm working on a car in my garage at the bottom of the garden I much prefer a paper copy as you can leave the page open as long as you want and it doesn't go into sleep mode because you haven't moved the page in the last 5 minutes, nor does a battery go flat from over use on a book. Also I find it easier to scribble notes in pencil on the edge of a book than on a pdf (yes you can add comments in pdfs but I prefer to not use my computer, ipad, phone with oily gloved hands).

As ever each to his own.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
      Agree about all said about the interweb however when I'm working on a car in my garage at the bottom of the garden I much prefer a paper copy as you can leave the page open as long as you want and it doesn't go into sleep mode because you haven't moved the page in the last 5 minutes, nor does a battery go flat from over use on a book. Also I find it easier to scribble notes in pencil on the edge of a book than on a pdf (yes you can add comments in pdfs but I prefer to not use my computer, ipad, phone with oily gloved hands).

As ever each to his own.
      So many options
      1. Buy a copy of the manual you need. Possibly the best choice.
      2. once you have a manual, print out the pages that you might need. You can scribble all over them.
      3. Set your device to time out longer than 5 minutes.
      4. Invest in a charger for your device, if you get stuck under a vehicle, it might be your only source of assistance.

As you say, each to their own! But it sounds to me that you need to plan ahead.

Comment

I use devices for communicating, but I do print off pages to use and scribble on.

Comment

Working...
        X