Haynes Publishing up for sale? The

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haynes Publishing up for sale? The

Agree about all said about the interweb however when I'm working on a car in my garage at the bottom of the garden I much prefer a paper copy as you can leave the page open as long as you want and it doesn't go into sleep mode because you haven't moved the page in the last 5 minutes, nor does a battery go flat from over use on a book. Also I find it easier to scribble notes in pencil on the edge of a book than on a pdf (yes you can add comments in pdfs but I prefer to not use my computer, ipad, phone with oily gloved hands).

As ever each to his own.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
      Agree about all said about the interweb however when I'm working on a car in my garage at the bottom of the garden I much prefer a paper copy as you can leave the page open as long as you want and it doesn't go into sleep mode because you haven't moved the page in the last 5 minutes, nor does a battery go flat from over use on a book. Also I find it easier to scribble notes in pencil on the edge of a book than on a pdf (yes you can add comments in pdfs but I prefer to not use my computer, ipad, phone with oily gloved hands).

As ever each to his own.
      So many options
      1. Buy a copy of the manual you need. Possibly the best choice.
      2. once you have a manual, print out the pages that you might need. You can scribble all over them.
      3. Set your device to time out longer than 5 minutes.
      4. Invest in a charger for your device, if you get stuck under a vehicle, it might be your only source of assistance.

As you say, each to their own! But it sounds to me that you need to plan ahead.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I use devices for communicating, but I do print off pages to use and scribble on.

Comment

Working...
        X