Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day 2020 @ 8am, The Phoenix Inn , Harley Whitney RG27 8RT

Hi fellow Marlineers/ Marliners.

For many years I had heard of the many and varied Vintage and Classic cars that turn up at The Phoenix Inn , Hartley,Wintney on New Years Day.

In all honesty I thought they must be a little crazy, but I was curious so I decided for the start of 2019 to take my Roadster.

There was 3 Marlins including mine in attendance.

I guesstimate that there was over 1000 people that came along to see 100+ Vehicles that were parked both in the Phoenix Inn's car Park and along the highway.
    The array included Classic Motorcycles, Cars and a 12 strong parade of Vintage Tractors , parading up and down the road in convoy.

I can honestly say this was well worth abstaining from alcohol on New Years Eve for and also getting up at 6am .

I was also passed by American Classics travelling to Brooklands that was on at the same time.

There is some footage on YouTube of this annual meet.

The venue is http://phoenixinn.co.uk/

A useful tip:Bring a flask and sandwiches as the queue for refreshments in the Car Park can be very long.

I hope to see some of you there again on New Years day as I plan to return .

Wishing you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Ps Sorry If I posted this in the wrong section of Meetings, as I do not have the knowledge to move it elsewhere . But feel free to do so if you do.
    Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 08-12-19, 11:33 AM.

Re: New Years Day 2020 @ 8am, The Phoenix Inn , Harley Whitney RG27 8RT

You could always reclaim your credibility by posting the event in the Forum Calendar!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

may try and make it I sometimes go to Brooklands who have similar but bigger

I have been before to other events at Hartley.

All depends on the hangover

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        You could always reclaim your credibility by posting the event in the Forum Calendar!
        Thanks Steve,posted on the Calendar , wishing you a Merry Xmas and a Healthy year ahead

Comment

Working...
        X