Hazard warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard warning lights

Just did some research on my Berlinetta regarding hazard warning lights. My kit isn’t fitted with them and has passed an mot albeit not since 92. Upon further investigation it turns out as my kit was registered Sept 86 it needs hazard warning lights and also side repeaters. Can anybody tell me otherwise please. Thanks.

Re: Hazard warning lights

Pre April 86 is the cut off date. You need hazards!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Makes me wonder how it ever got an sva or an mot. No fog light. No hazard lights. No repeaters. No wing mirrors.

Comment

Can't really understand why your Berlinetta hasn't got hazards. Based on cortina 3,4 or 5 the loom will have had hazard flash curcuit.
        You could check for unused relay blocks and switch connectors.
        As for side repeaters, not required if you have motorbike type indicators fitted, which are visible from the side.
        I've been having my Berlinetta MOT'd for 27 years and never had a problem.
        I'd like to fit side repeaters, a job I've never got round to or seen any fitting I really like. ( might be just an excuses)
        Good luck sorting it out.

Comment

The indicators on this berlinetta are right at the front of the nose cone so can’t be seen from the side. Not to difficult to fit repeaters. I had to sort the main indicators as the stalk switch was faulty and the flasher unit was dead. Sorted stalk and replaced flasher unit. No other flasher units can be seen and no other switches for hazard lights. Will wire one in as it’s not to difficult a job. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X