Where is it now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is it now ?

Ex MOC member Peter Sharp is wondering where his Sierra Berli is now. If anyone can help please contact me and I will put you in touch with Peter.

„I first saw a Marlin Berlinetta at Stoneleigh, expertly built by the then Club chairman, Don Collins. He instigated a desire in me to build one, so I
    visited the Marlin factory.
    Paul, the owner, had just started to create the Sierra Berlinetta, with its improved front suspension and other Sierra components, so I ordered a kit.
    There were many teething problems, which were sorted by the then designer, Ian Carswell, and I purchased a crashed Sierra for the mechanical
    components.
    I spent 1500 hours over 15 months, creating my car, and each month, my wife and I spent an evening with other Marlin owners , having a drink
    and planning various events at Stoneleigh etc, We made many friends, including Brian Gadd, Dave Hitchings and Pat Hobbs.
    We still keep in touch with Dave and Pat, although we moved to Germany 15 years ago.
    In 1997, A guy from Wales telephoned to ask if he could buy the car at whatever price I wanted.
    Because of business commitments, it was seldom used, so I agreed to sell it.
    Since he bought it, I have heard nothing from him or his address or telephone number.
    I have since regretted selling it because it would have created much interest in Germany.
    If any of you have a clue as to its whereabouts, I would be very grateful.
    It is still probably registered as A405 MHG as I sold the personal plate A3 PAS, “
    Attached Files

Re: Where is it now ?

It's coming up as on Sorn and MOT exp. June 1916

Comment

Thanks Hugh (1916? or 2016?)

...…..Seasons Greetings

Rgds DC

Comment

A senior monent, 2016

Comment