Cortina my 3,4,5 bottom wishbone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortina my 3,4,5 bottom wishbone

Does anybody have a bottom wishbone from a my 3 4 or 5 cortina ?

Re: Cortina my 3,4,5 bottom wishbone

Originally posted by twinstacks View Post
    Does anybody have a bottom wishbone from a my 3 4 or 5 cortina ?
    Didn’t you already ask, just over a week ago?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I don't see that it matters!
      Anyway, how's this for a shot in the dark. I'm fairly certain that the TVR Tasmin used Cortina lower wishbones/suspension arms [with Granada hubs /upright] .If I'm correct then maybe the likes of David Gerald TVR could help.

Comment

On a tangent, how about converting to wishbone off a Locost. I have a LocUst which uses cortina front suspension and it is a worthwhile upgrade coil overs can transform the handling. Not done it yet, my time is spent on my Land-Rover and Marlin.

Comment

I don't think your locost uses the front sub frame of the cortina like the Berly dose, have you tried contacting Danny Nelson? He can usually help with berlinetta spare parts.

Comment

I seen a video where a guy used locost wishbones but there was cutting and welding involved and am really not wanting to do that. I hope I can find one as it’s stopping the rebuild and the front end is nearly complete. 😢😢

Comment

Originally posted by angusgrooby View Post
              I don't think your locost uses the front sub frame of the cortina like the Berly dose, have you tried contacting Danny Nelson? He can usually help with berlinetta spare parts.
              Thanks. Where do I find this Danny Nelson?

Comment

Details in Club magazine for Danny

Comment

There's an outside chance that John at Kit-Fit might be able to fix you up.Someone will no doubt come up with his contact number.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sent Danny a PM.

Comment

Cortina mk3/4/5 owners club? Some one might have spare. What exactly is wrong with your existing unit assuming you have one?

Comment

I made a mess of putting the new bush in and the sleeve that it gets pressed into came away from the actual wishbone bending it out of shape. It’s not aligned now so don’t want to use it if I can get another one. Will try that other place you suggested. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X