Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Roadster carburettor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    Munual ordered. ! Thanks
    J

2. #12 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    If you have a Lancia carb and manifold fitted to a longitudinal engine then you will probably get fuel starvation on cornering

I went the other way around with a Fiat carb and manifold fitted to a transverse twin cam in my mini -
    I can't remember which way but one direction of cornering starved the engine

3. #13 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    Hi John, welcome to the MOC, it seems like you may be getting some good answers to your questions.

Could you please answer some of mine ?

For the Roadster archive it would be good to know which car you have bought, it's reg number and chassis (Marlin kit) number.

Rather than put information on a public forum you may prefer to either PM me, or use my email as in Pitstop magazine, and by
    return I can hopefully give you some history on the car

B Rgds Dave Cunnington

4. #14 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    Thanks for the tip, that could be a real issue for trialing. I will try and work out if it affects the car and report.

john

5. #15 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    forum contributor
    Hi John
    What part of the uk are you in and which trialing club are you a member of ??

6. #16 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    Quote Originally Posted by juey74 View Post
    Hi John
    What part of the uk are you in and which trialing club are you a member of ??
    Hi

gloucestershire and I have sent an application to join stroud district motor club at the moment.

J

7. #17 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Brilliant club to join [I was a member for many years] and they - like this forum - have some knowledgable members. Terry Coventry has a V8 Marlin but also used to run a Fiat twin-cam engined Morris Minor 1000.

8. #18 Re: Roadster carburettor 
    frequent forum contributor
    Hi John, did you sort your carb out.? I have the Fiat 2.0L Twin Cam fitted to my roadster. It is a standard setup and is fitted with a Weber 34ADF/250 carb. I also purchased the Haynes Automotive Carburettor Manual which covers all the Weber carbs. This manual is an absolute gem and well worth the money. If you need any pictures of my setup then just let me know.
    Regards, Chris