Soft top roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft top roof

I can see the soft top roof for Roadster has been discussed before but the links to suppliers / upholsterers are expired. Does anyone have a contact to make new soft top roofs ? Everyone I have contacted so far just want to supply standard after market hoods.
    I am in Gloucestershire but obviously happy to travel for a good reccomend.

Thanks

John

Re: Soft top roof

The original patterns are long gone.
    Your only choice is to go bespoke from a convenient trimmer, assuming you have the framework!

Comment

I started making my own last year, I have not quite finished it because other things got in the way so I have not accepted defeat yet.
      Check my roadster rebuild from Cornwall diary.
      In my view owning a kit car means give it a go.

Comment

Hi John, see my earlier post, "Recommendation for hood/seat repairs"
        If you've got the old one for a pattern I'm pretty sure he'd sort you out. He mainly does canal boat covers and seat. He's based near Chester.
        Gareth.

Comment

John

I used a company by Oxford for mine. All Wheel Trim at Whitney, not cheap, but I was very happy with the result.

Address: Unit H/Country Pk/Avenue Two, Witney OX28 4YD

Phone: 01993 776800

Comment

John - Please see https://wheelspin.info/marlin-roadster/ and then please Contact Me so I can keep my Register of Trials Marlins up to date. I am in Gloucestershire, so if you want to see how a Marlin hood should work, you have my email address from the website.

Comment

Witney is an awful lot closer to Gloucestershire [ just up the A40 ] than Chester ... [What happened to the coach trimmer from Gloucester/Cheltenham ? - 'Rouse' … I think was the name.]
              Last edited by marlin1984; 15-01-20, 11:20 AM.

Comment

The journey goes on, found a chap from Warwick, quoted £650 then viewed car and wanted £1100. Something to do with zip open door leaf panels.

so I am still looking, might have to get the sewing machine out !

john

Comment

Ouch that is a lot.
                  I started making my own, still not quite finished yet. Check out my Rebuild diary from Cornwall.
                  I started off with a cardboard template and also used what was left of the old one to give me an idea of it’s shape and how it’s stitched together. I did finished the zip in doors.
                  I have used some cheaper black canvas fabric which is supposed to be water proof but may upgrade when I have nothing else to do (probably never happen).
                  If you do go down this same route get yourself a heavy duty sewing machine as the fabric and flexible glass is quite thick.
                  Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

"The journey goes on, found a chap from Warwick, quoted £650 then viewed car and wanted £1100. Something to do with zip open door leaf panels. "

Sounds like an 'I don't want to do it.' price … Or he thought you looked smart and had money to burn.

Comment

Working...
                    X