• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Cabrio project

Posted as a Berlinetta Roadster - another one surfaced after many years

Attached Files

Re: Another Cabrio project

Looking at the state it's in and the fact that it requires a respray £2000 + seems a bit hopeful!

Comment

With a V5 it’s worth a punt. Much better than an unregistered kit.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
        Looking at the state it's in and the fact that it requires a respray £2000 + seems a bit hopeful!
        It's Buy It Now for a straight £2,000. As a project car, like Steve says with a V5, I don't think that's unreasonable at all. And at that price you can afford to renovate it to exactly how you want it. If I didn't already have a Cabrio then I'd be tempted.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I realise it's all down to personal choice but for me it wouldn't make sense. £3000 + for respray /ancillaries and it's looks like a CVH engine which again doesn't appeal to me. There are better Cabrio's out there for that sort of money.
          My son bought a sailing dinghy some years back which when he got it home his wife described as 'expensive firewood'! I rebuilt it for him and enjoyed doing so but it made no sense financially. As I said it's all down to YOUR choice.

Comment

Working...
          X