Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The car of the future...

It'll never catch on...
    Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Re: The car of the future...

When they were working they were awesome, in their day.

Comment

Modern cars like my RangeRover Discovery have loads of whistles and bells, I seem to learn a new one every month.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

We have a Citroen Berlingo which is not overloaded with gismos, but has an electrical system I will not touch and a local garage does all the maintenance. In the past, I had an A30 with a speedometer and fuel gauge. A charging light and oil pressure light. I could repair anything on it. Is yours the Disco that you take the body off to replace the clutch? Me, no fan of gismos.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
          We have a Citroen Berlingo which is not overloaded with gismos, but has an electrical system I will not touch and a local garage does all the maintenance. In the past, I had an A30 with a speedometer and fuel gauge. A charging light and oil pressure light. I could repair anything on it. Is yours the Disco that you take the body off to replace the clutch? Me, no fan of gismos.
          8 speed flappy paddle auto, so probably way more complicated and expensive if there is a drive train problem.

Its ultra low mileage though less than 2000 miles per year of its life. I almost doubled it when I picked it up from the U.K., did a short trip to Shropshire then to Portsmouth-Santander by ferry and a final drive to Costa Blanca.
          And yes, it’s a LHD.

Its going touring Ireland next year, so still more mileage.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

They are a lovely vehicle but I still prefer simple, hence 1800 Marlin Roadster and '58 S1 petrol Landrover.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
              They are a lovely vehicle but I still prefer simple, hence 1800 Marlin Roadster and '58 S1 petrol Landrover.
              The Disco is not my daily driver, I have three others of various ages and types.

There is something to be said for basics, but also for a bit of tech that knows when you have a trailer attached.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I have a very high tech mirror to tell me when my trailer is attached!

Comment

A rear facing camera, that shows me the hitch relative to the tow ball helps a great deal.
                  The mirrors don’t do that!
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                  X