comfy seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comfy seat

Ever since owning Biggles a long journey has left a bit of a pain in the bum! Looked at a number of options, costs anything from £1200 to £1800.
    Decided to pull the seat out, and investigate. Found the side pad had crushed foam and I was sitting on the support bar. Had some 10mm noise deadening high density foam in the shed, cost nothing, two layers cut to the form of the pad, another couple of bits fitted on the lumbar pad for a bit more support, and seat put back together..... result! Going to be a pain lining the pins up when the seat goes back in lol.
    Last edited by stevepritch; 20-01-20, 09:06 AM.

Re: comfy seat

Had a similar problem on one occasion with the seat in the Roadster. Couldn't understand why I couldn't get as comfortable as usual - turned out to be the wallet in my back pocket!
    I think my good friend DS has the same problem albeit more often than I as his rarely gets emptied! Sorry David, couldn't resist.

Comment

+1 from me too LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
        Had a similar problem on one occasion with the seat in the Roadster. Couldn't understand why I couldn't get as comfortable as usual - turned out to be the wallet in my back pocket!
        I am reliably informed that a walletectomy is the most common procedure performed by orthopaedic surgeons.
        Paul

Comment

From someone of Scots origines I regard that as something of a compliment. It takes one to know one!!!! It's the wallet that provides the nessessary padding on my seat. Regards

Comment

Open it out to cover the middle of the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
              I think my good friend DS has the same problem albeit more often than I as his rarely gets emptied! Sorry David, couldn't resist.
              Gentlemen, quite frankly I am shocked that you could hijack my post for the personal abuse of a fellow member. Here I am breaking my nails and all you are interested in is abusing Dave, who did manage to blag his way, free of charge, into the Drive It day last year!...no the year before actually, how time flies. )

Comment

Thanks Steve. However it has taken many years to build this entirely justified reputation for frugality. I am prepared to go to no expense to protect it. Regards

Comment

Frugality ? ? ? Must be your turn to get the beers in - see you at Sheldon on Saturday

Comment

And after much consternation lying on the cold floor, getting up, getting back down, blindly trying to align pins and holes, holding spanners and trying to lock the head with a drift so the nut could be tightened......dropping the spanner, picking it up, locating the nut, because the drift needed to be held, speaking french.....the seat is back in..... have to say it seems quite comfy )

Comment

Working...
                    X