Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: comfy seat

1. #1 comfy seat 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevepritch's Avatar
    Ever since owning Biggles a long journey has left a bit of a pain in the bum! Looked at a number of options, costs anything from £1200 to £1800.
    Decided to pull the seat out, and investigate. Found the side pad had crushed foam and I was sitting on the support bar. Had some 10mm noise deadening high density foam in the shed, cost nothing, two layers cut to the form of the pad, another couple of bits fitted on the lumbar pad for a bit more support, and seat put back together..... result! Going to be a pain lining the pins up when the seat goes back in lol.
    Last edited by stevepritch; 20-01-2020 at 09:06 AM.

2. #2 Re: comfy seat 
    Moderator Club Member
    Had a similar problem on one occasion with the seat in the Roadster. Couldn't understand why I couldn't get as comfortable as usual - turned out to be the wallet in my back pocket!
    I think my good friend DS has the same problem albeit more often than I as his rarely gets emptied! Sorry David, couldn't resist.

3. #3 Re: comfy seat 
    +1 from me too LOL

4. #4 Re: comfy seat 
    Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Had a similar problem on one occasion with the seat in the Roadster. Couldn't understand why I couldn't get as comfortable as usual - turned out to be the wallet in my back pocket!
    I am reliably informed that a walletectomy is the most common procedure performed by orthopaedic surgeons.
    Paul

5. #5 Re: comfy seat 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    From someone of Scots origines I regard that as something of a compliment. It takes one to know one!!!! It's the wallet that provides the nessessary padding on my seat. Regards

6. #6 Re: comfy seat 
    Open it out to cover the middle of the seat.

7. #7 Re: comfy seat 
    Quote Originally Posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    I think my good friend DS has the same problem albeit more often than I as his rarely gets emptied! Sorry David, couldn't resist.
    Gentlemen, quite frankly I am shocked that you could hijack my post for the personal abuse of a fellow member. Here I am breaking my nails and all you are interested in is abusing Dave, who did manage to blag his way, free of charge, into the Drive It day last year!...no the year before actually, how time flies. )

8. #8 Re: comfy seat 
    Thanks Steve. However it has taken many years to build this entirely justified reputation for frugality. I am prepared to go to no expense to protect it. Regards

9. #9 Re: comfy seat 
    Frugality ? ? ? Must be your turn to get the beers in - see you at Sheldon on Saturday

10. #10 Re: comfy seat 
    And after much consternation lying on the cold floor, getting up, getting back down, blindly trying to align pins and holes, holding spanners and trying to lock the head with a drift so the nut could be tightened......dropping the spanner, picking it up, locating the nut, because the drift needed to be held, speaking french.....the seat is back in..... have to say it seems quite comfy )