Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometre 1800 marina

bonjour
    is the connection of a speedometer of a 1300 marina compatible with a speedometer of 18000 marina
    what is the difference in pinout
    Attached Files

Re: speedometre 1800 marina

My understanding is that the speedo cables for the standard 1.3 and 1.8 are identical.

i mis read your post. I have no knowledge of the specific wiring, but the parts books suggest they are the same.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

bonjour
      is the electrical connection identical from 1300 to 1800 ?
      I see an additional connection
      merci
      Last edited by kolmershlagjp; 20-01-20, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I think that the additional connection that goes to the red wire linking to the Tachometer is a 12v feed from the ignition.
        Last edited by john cole77; 21-01-20, 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Wiring one of those up really requires the original plug, then you can refer to the colour codes in the wiring diagrams.
          Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
            bonjour
            is the connection of a speedometer of a 1300 marina compatible with a speedometer of 18000 marina
            what is the difference in pinout
            Looking at the track pattern of your two pictures, they are remarkably similar. I would say the pinouts are identical.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

This thread from the fast marina magazine addresses the issue of changing a 2 dial unit for a 3 dial unit. The only differences appear to be the additional wiring for the Tachometer.

Comment

Working...
              X