Rear Light Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rear Light Lens

Ha, I seem to have all sorts of the ‘may come in handy one day’ tucked away in the garage.

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
    As always someone in the club comes up trumps.

Well done that man.

Adrian

Comment

Having seen this post https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...ED-Rear-Lights I fitted them to my Cabrio, as shown here https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...highlight=rear

Comment

Although they tend to use the picture of the lamp with the number plate light for all the M88 variants, this company claims to have the one without in stock.

M88 'Rubbolite' Left/Right Handed Rear Combination Lamp with Reflex Reflector, Part No: WNS-00-308 - WNS Electrics Ltd, Scunthorpe
        Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

Originally posted by boustrophedon View Post
          Although they tend to use the picture of the lamp with the number plate light for all the M88 variants, this company claims to have the one without in stock.

http://www.wnselectrics.com/product.php?id=2027

Rubbolite 88/02/01 it is then.

http://trp-ecatalogue.cloudapp.net/en/Trp/Parts?key=subGroupId&value=13001

Last edited by stevejgreen; 26-01-20, 02:03 PM.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

And I have these spare in the garage. :-)

60584F87-0166-4F81-B9B9-463756628FCF.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
              And I have these spare in the garage. :-)

[ATTACH]11476[/ATTACH]
              Are those just the lenses?
              No backplate, no reflectors, no bulb holders?
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Nope just the lenses. Post #1 AndrewKB - hoping to just replace the lenses

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                  Nope just the lenses. Post #1 AndrewKB - hoping to just replace the lenses
                  Just wanting to be clear, or not, depending on the application for a number plate, as it seems that there are several options.

Are there any specific markings?
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Thanks very much for all the info. I've borrowed a Rubbolite lens for now, but think I will go the Britax 9021 route in due course. What a fountain of knowledge is available on this forum!

Comment

I seem to have a number of both len's and backplates

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewKB View Post
                        Thanks very much for all the info. I've borrowed a Rubbolite lens for now, but think I will go the Britax 9021 route in due course. What a fountain of knowledge is available on this forum!
                        Doesn't the 9021 have the dreaded number plate light.
                        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I believe that the Britax 9020 has the clear number plate section, and the 9021 does not, but I shall double-check before purchase! The 'problem' is that some suppliers use a photo of the 9020 for both.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewKB View Post
                            I believe that the Britax 9020 has the clear number plate section, and the 9021 does not, but I shall double-check before purchase! The 'problem' is that some suppliers use a photo of the 9020 for both.
                            Never ever trust a picture from a supplier.
                            So many times, for example, searching for disc brakes, turns up a generic picture of vented discs, not the solid ones normally used by a Marina or a small Triumph.
                            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                            X