Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster owners - your help is requested

Hi to all of you.

I am aware that I am a pain, but I have just started to try and sort out Sportster production

I know of T6 101 as the first, and T6 320 supposedly the last, but Terry Matthews says that total Sportster
    production (kits and completed cars) is 144...so there must be gaps in the T6 sequence

In order to help me try to make sense of this, could you please let me know the full T6 etc numbers - the
    full letters etc are useful as they usually include a date reference - and the registration number of your car

This information is for the archive database only, I have many car reg. numbers which I need to tie in

Thanks in anticipation

Dave Cunnington

PS I'm also putting a request in the Cabrio section, as there are also large gaps and it requires the same help !

Re: Sportster owners - your help is requested

Dave

I believe you may already have mine, sent you plate position photo, and change of reg.
    Last edited by stevepritch; 06-02-20, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks Steve, yes I have yours

Rgds DC

Comment

Hello Dave
        Not sure if you are still looking for Sportster info. You may well have mine it was originally P721 EOD now PIW 747
        it was originally a factory demonstrator as featured in the Men & Motors video (still online) and numerous magazines.
        VIN Plate shows T6117JGKR. 9702JWME
        There is also an engraved plague on the dash which reads
        Specially Commissioned by Marlin Sportscars Ltd
        First Registered 1st May 1997
        TOi T6 117/6 BMW 2700
        Currently road registered and road legal but like the rest of of us tucked up and going nowhere for a while.
        Though it has been out this winter including attending a very cold New Years Day beach swim.
        All the best
        Pip Watts

Comment

Many thanks Pip, appreciate your help. That's one more I needed to confirm - we'll get them all eventually !

Dare I ask that when you next get the car out you could take me some pics of the car with it's new reg number
          and of the plaque and send to my email as in Pitstop

Many thanks, stay well

Rgds DC

Comment

Ok will do
            Pip

Comment

http://www.t1000.co.uk/ad_designs/prnt_ads_orig/sportster_bmw_infront_3c_800.jpg

the green one is mine
              Last edited by Sportster-Green; 31-05-20, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Dave how many positions were the VIN plates on Sportsters fitted? I have a contact on the enthusiasts facebook page living in Rejacivick? who cannot find the VIN on his car. I said I would ask how many other positions they were fitted to cars.

Comment

Hi Steve, that's a new one on me - a Sportster in Reykavik Iceland

If he has any factory paperwork it may well quote the T6 number and date

I am not too familiar with the Sportster model, but here is a pic of one plate, (you
                  might recognise it !) it's in roughly the same place as on the Cabrio/Hunter, ie the
                  passenger side of the scuttle on a RHD car

The Berli is also normally on this side, however I have heard of Berlis and Cabrios
                  with the plate in a similar location but on the other side !

As usual, pictures to confirm any of these variations would be good - and any info
                  you have especially pics of the Icelandic car

Stay safe everyone Rgds DC

EDIT : Here's a pic of a 2008 Sportster plate, same as those seen on a 5exi, so like
                  everything Marlin, evolved with time, and I have no idea where to find it on the car !
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dcunn; 30-06-20, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Dave the Sportster in Reykjavik is yellow, 3.9 V8 UK number plate that he had with the car is T 854 SUB

Comment

Cheers Steve, noted that

Comment

Apparently vehicle info was lost in a fire, is there anything you can offer him?

Comment

Hi Steve, I don't have a great deal of info on Sportsters in general, but have a little on this one

The archive has various brochures, leaflets etc, and an early build manual

Please ask him to email me with what he wants and I'm happy to oblige

Rgds DC

Comment

thanks Dave.

Comment

He's in touch, mentioned that he bought it post accident - I wonder if the plate was removed and the car sold as scrap/for parts ? ? ? ?

Dunno. He's in Iceland, the car is in Lithuania - good game, good game !

He sent this 2010 pic in LT
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X