Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (old) member

Hello all
    My name is Robin Martin. Just rejoined after many years absence. I built roadster LUR191H, which I believe resurfaced several months ago, and sportster G793TBD which is now owned by another member StevePritch. I am currently running a Pembleton Supersports.
    I have rejoined because I am considering another project. I am looking for a correctly registered roadster - but one for a complete rebuild. I have something a little different in mind....
    Cheers Robin

Re: New (old) member

Welcome back.

I am sure someone will reply very soon to chat to you about your requirements.

Adrian

Comment

Robin

Its great to see you in the owners club. How did the Pembleton build go? Obviously a success, got any pictures?

Regards....Steve

Comment

Welcome back Robin

Have you seen this thread ? I know nothing about this Roadster but...…

Rgds DC

Comment

Hi Robin
          Quick search of Facebook only brings this one up so assume the same car as in post above.
          It is registered on a Q plate so assume correctly.
          Sounds like the engine is a corker (if it is not seized) plus a dolly box and some spares.
          Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Facebook1.JPG
          facebook2.JPG
          fcebook3.JPG
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi Jon, assuming you are on Facebook could you please ask the seller for the reg (tantalising pic looks like Q82_ etc) and I'm guessing
            the kit number is 2548 - wonder if he'll confirm that too ?

I'm in Gainsborough which is about 30 miles to Grimsby if anyone wants help

Rgds DC

Comment

Yes - have spotted that one. Didn't really want a Q plate but could be interesting at the right price. But unfortunately the vendor hasn't got back to me yet when I asked the basic question of was is still available. But no worries. I am not in any sort of hurry....

Cheers Robin

Comment

Originally posted by stevepritch View Post
                Robin

Its great to see you in the owners club. How did the Pembleton build go? Obviously a success, got any pictures?

Regards....Steve
                rm2.jpg
                Pembleton build much different to the Sportster as you would expect. But generally much less frustrating as most every thing fitted without too much fettling. Did think about building another but she who must be obeyed declared some thing with a heater and hood would be better 😂
                I think I attached picture but new to this particular forum and not sure it worked.
                Cheers Robin

Comment

When Uk based I lived the other side of the church car park from Phil(Gregory) If interested I have the history of the design!!

Comment

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
                    Hi Robin
                    Quick search of Facebook only brings this one up so assume the same car as in post above.
                    It is registered on a Q plate so assume correctly.
                    Sounds like the engine is a corker (if it is not seized) plus a dolly box and some spares.
                    Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

A Dolomite box is really just another variation of the small Triumph gearbox fitted to numerous models, including the Marina. The majority of internal parts are common to all versions.

The significant variation is primarily the input shaft of various lengths and spline count depending on which engine flywheel/clutch and bell housing it was mated to.
                    The real problems arise with identification comes from the fact that often the original donor vehicle is unidentifiable and neither Triumph or BL tagged the gearbox with a serial number. It’s only when you open them up, strip them down, and start counting teeth that you can begin to order spares.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Martinclan56 please check for the PM I have sent you

Comment

Super looking car Robin, expected nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                        X