Roadster for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster for Sale

1988 Roadster built in the spirit of a Alfa Spyder 6C. MGB engine with TR6 gearbox, overdrive on 3rd and 4th. Described as a Marlin on the V5.

For more details contact Robert Norris on [email protected]
    Attached Files

Re: Roadster for Sale

Nice looking example

Comment

I could email the owner, I might yet, but I have never heard of an MGB being fitted with a TR6 Gearbox. I can’t think of the advantages of not sticking with an MGB overdrive gearbox.

It would be an interesting conversion to see, as the TR6 like an MGB gearbox has an integral bell housing, but I am pretty sure that the starter motor, and hence the engine backplate are different.

Having said that, nothing is impossible, as I have demonstrated

I fear that this may be a simple misunderstanding of reality as the Marina engine is very alike an MGB, but the MGB sounds classier to some given the perceived reputation of a Marina.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        I could email the owner, I might yet, but I have never heard of an MGB being fitted with a TR6 Gearbox. I can’t think of the advantages of not sticking with an MGB overdrive gearbox.

It would be an interesting conversion to see, as the TR6 like an MGB gearbox has an integral bell housing, but I am pretty sure that the starter motor, and hence the engine backplate are different.

Having said that, nothing is impossible, as I have demonstrated

I fear that this may be a simple misunderstanding of reality as the Marina engine is very alike an MGB, but the MGB sounds classier to some given the perceived reputation of a Marina.
        Still a cracking looking example of a Roadster though, if I was on the market for one I'd be seriously tempted.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
        X