Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin in New Zealand

Hi Guys

I have started to make some progress in getting my Marlin built and road legal here in NZ
    It's a Marina based kit originally made in 1995 and has never been completed

The NZ Certification process is quite sensible but I did have to make some changes

The certifier was not too keen on the folded steel floor - neither was I
    The seat belt mounts - the shoulder and the inside corners also got the shitty eye

I don't need a rear roll bar - but I do need the fixings for one

The specs here call for a triangulated brace between the chassis rails

So I have replaced the seat belt mounts with a more substantial pair of tubes with braces across the car and back to the chassis rails
    I have made a framework for the floor - including the brace

I did NOT like the way a Marina pedal box was used with a horrible afterthought additional brace

In order to make this easy I made a "rotisserie"

This turned out to be dead easy! - I had an engine build stand - I just made it a bit taller and horizontal for one end and I added an extra rectangular tube with a hole in it to my engine hoist - works really well
    Attached Files

Re: Marlin in New Zealand

Very interesting Duncan, bringing the chassis etc into the 21st century

I look forward to watching your progress on this one - please keep the pictures & commentary coming

I have sent you a PM

Rgds DC

Comment

With a workshop like that, I for one can't wait to see the results!

Comment

To do that IRS would be necessaey.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X