Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BMW Sportster Member

Hi guys, I'm new on here.
    I took on my dads stagnant project 2 years ago (BMW powered Sportster 2.0l 320i e30 engine).
    He had bought a Marlin Sportster over 10 years ago in 2008, unfortunately he never got round to finishing it. However since taking the project on, I've had the monocoque blasted and re-powder coated due to some surface rust, and completely re-built the project from scratch. It is now approaching the point of getting it through the IVA test in the coming months, I have just got to finish of the interior, get it painted and sort some minor technical issues.
    I'll try to post some pictures of it in its current state when I get a chance, some advice/tips for the IVA would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob J

Re: New BMW Sportster Member

I too am building a Sportster, my second one. Where are you situated. If you are not far from the Peak District we could get together and chew over the issues. Regards David

Comment

Hi David, my car is back at my parents house near Blackpool but I personally live in Buxton, Derbyshire. I'd be more than happy to get together and discuss issues.
      Rob

Comment

If you are able to make the Peak District (details in Pitstop) meet on the last saturday, every month, I would love to chew the fat. Regards David.

Comment

Welcome Rob, you'll find loads of good advice and assistance on here, and I'm pleased to note that you and
          Copperleaves are in touch - see you at Sheldon sometime soon I hope

For the archive records could you please tell me which car you have....T6 etc, and I look forward to seeing some pictures

Many thanks

Dave Cunnington

Comment

Welcome Rob, hope we get the pleasure of your company at Sheldon.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys, not sure what Sheldon is but when I find out I’ll try to get there. Also not had a copy of pit stop yet but looking forward to seeing that in the post.

Dave I think my sportster is T6307KRKRLH0908GJ but the VIN stamping really isn’t clear, also not sure if they’ll pick me up on this at the IVA. Need to sort this out before then along with many other things.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rob3jenko View Post
                ... Also not had a copy of pit stop yet but looking forward to seeing that in the post.

Rob
                Rob, assuming you have joined the Club you can download the current and past copies of Pitstop from the 'Members only' section of the forum.

Comment

Cheers, found it now. I wasn’t logged in last time.

Comment

Thanks for the data Rob, hope to see you at the Cock & Pullet
                    Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                    X