Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Cabrio carb

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. #41 Re: Cabrio carb 
    frequent forum contributor
    Hi,
    Just an update on my problem carburettor, New one received yesterday and fitted. All is well, problem gone.
    Emissions to be set bit awkward at the moment due to the coronavirus with garages closed.
    Thanks to all for your time and assistance.

2. #42 Re: Cabrio carb 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Good news. At least you can enjoy optimal performance from that part from now on. Presumably the new carb came with setting up instructions? If not have a look at the link below. If the carb was original fitment for that engine, and the engine is unmodified, then its unlikely that you would need to get into jet changing. However the left hand column should give you a good indication of basic settings to get you up and running. Emissions can wait until later. Peter.
    https://www.carburetion.com/Weber/adjust.htm

3. #43 Re: Cabrio carb 
    Moderator Club Member
    Glad you have the problem sorted but a shame that we'll not know the root cause.

4. #44 Re: Cabrio carb 
    forum contributor
    Hi dogoncrazy,
    I believe the problem was in the idle circuit, which you hinted on earlier in this thread. Without delving into the carburettor and drilling holes into it, it's more than likely to have been the cause.
    Thank you for your input.
    Kind regards
    Mike.

5. #45 Re: Cabrio carb 
    forum contributor
    Hi Peter,
    I have the setup instructions that came with the new carburettor which is original fitment. The carburettor is a direct replacement for my Ford Sierra engine, bought from Webcon.
    Thank you for the link and for your input.
    Kind regards
    Mike.