Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Marina half shaft removal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member boustrophedon's Avatar
    This is why I no longer bother with this forum.
    Formally DonSayers on here.

2. #12 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    What is the reason? My apparent ingratitude or what?

3. #13 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyDave View Post
    What is the reason? My apparent ingratitude or what?
    No mate I am not having a go at you, not at all. I having a go at Mr Keepandshare with his lots of "useful" stuff behind a firewall that you have to go groveling to to get access. I having a go at how many times this same tired old argument occurs with the same player.

I used to value Mr Green's contributions on here and on the old site, but having taken a few years off I come back and get shouted at for asking questions. He even locked a thread I replied to because he didn't want to talk about it any more. Sheesh.

If it is of any help I have a Leyland Operations Manual for the Marina and if there is anything you want a copy of I am more than happy to let you have a copy of the relevant pages.
    Last edited by boustrophedon; 30-03-2020 at 02:46 PM.

4. #14 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boustrophedon View Post
    No mate I am not having a go at you, not at all. I having a go at Mr Keepandshare with his lots of "useful" stuff behind a firewall that you have to go groveling to to get access. I having a go at how many times this same tired old argument occurs with the same player.

I used to value Mr Green's contributions on here and on the old site, but having taken a few years off I come back and get shouted at for asking questions. He even locked a thread I replied to because he didn't want to talk about it any more. Sheesh.

If it is of any help I have a Leyland Operations Manual for the Marina and if there is anything you want a copy of I am more than happy to let you have a copy of the relevant pages.
    So much misunderstanding.

There is no firewall there never has been. I don’t think you know what a firewall is?

I explained why I locked a thread, the project had run its course, reached the end of its natural life I would only repeat myself, again and agin to no benefit for anyone. I only used a forum tool, available to anyone who starts a new thread. Even you can do that.

You only have to register with Keepandshare once to have access to far more than the manual you reference.

sheesh.

Over 1000 documents downloaded each month tells me that you are incorrect.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

5. #15 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    Sorry not interested. You needn't have bothered. Your only reason to be here is to rehash old arguments. You are not helpful.

6. #16 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    Cheers Don, Ben Caswell told me all I needed to know, Job done. Thanks Gentlemen.
    Dave

7. #17 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    Gentlemen,
    The intention of this forum is to help each other with technical queries and share information of interest with other club members, NOT for petty arguments which do not put the club in a good light in the eyes of the general public. If you must argue I suggest you use the Personal Messaging system instead.

Geoff Grumble (chairman)

8. #18 Re: Marina half shaft removal 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boustrophedon View Post
    Sorry not interested. You needn't have bothered. Your only reason to be here is to rehash old arguments. You are not helpful.
    Around 1000 downloads a month tell me otherwise.
    750 March 2020 page views
    774 February 2020 page views
    1,326 January 2020 page views
    2,247 December 2019 page views
    1,384 November 2019 page views
    1,672 October 2019 page views

The arguments are rehashed by MOC members who object to me sharing information, something that is often professed by established members.

The MOC appear to me to be unable to grasp modern reality.
    My Keepandshare traffic volume will continue from google search results alone try it yourself.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 30-03-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.